FMF! > Pro circuit

Alright the reason im posting this is becuase i wana heaar opinions (no im NOT in the market for a pipe) but i heard a pro circuit expansion chamber at the races the other day on a yz250..and i have to say it made the bike sound like a tinny p.o.s. Am i the only person who has noticed this? and also like all 150fs have stupid bbr exhausts on.... like they look like such cheap quality pipes.... is this just me or do other ppl find this... and for those who own pro circuit head pipes are they good pipes and im just confused?

The way a pipe sounds is the last thing I would worry about in a pipe (other than it being ridiculously loud). Odds are the one you heard needed the silencer repacked, as changing the front pipe doesn't really change the sound all that much from stock. I have owned both and have found both brands to be very good. Depending on what type of performance you want the pro circuit pipe is better than FMF in certain cases and vice a versa. I'm not sure why you feel they look like cheap quality pipes, they look the same as FMF pipes.

The sound from the pipe has a ot to do with how fresh the silencer packing is. I have found pro circuit pipes and silencers to be better constructed than fmf. The core for the pro circuit silencer is a decently finished part, the welds on the pipe are hand pounded and smooth. The fmf core looks like a product from forced labor. You have to pay extra for the Factory Fatty to get smooth welds.

I couldn't get a Pro Circuit Type 296 to fit on a '03 KX250. Does that make PC a POS? I don't think so. I just like the way FMF looks. I've had two Turbine Core 2's and one Gnarly and am quite impressed performance wise. Conversely, their original Q for two strokes isn't any quieter than stock.:ride: Had the PC Nature Friendly on my 04 YZ250 which both worked and sounded fine but I just like the appearance of FMF TC2 and it's sound better.?

We did some testing Yesterday with a fmf fatty not the factory with a PC

silencer not the shorty and it did seem to perform a little better than

stock set up a little louder but crisper and more barky sounding could not feel

much torque difference but had a little boost on top.originally the PC

did not sound so good until my friend repacked it made a big difference.The

fatty did not seem as good as the stock pipe when using the stock silencer.

when combining the Fatty with the repacked PC the Performance and sound seemed def better, others seemed to agree also.when I asked the rider who is a Pro that has Qualified for nationals before what do you think he said he cant really tell much difference but did feel the fatty might pull a little better on top, that is the combo we will prob try at hi point,we may try the Ti FMF silencer later as well.