picture of clever cooling device

This design has been around for a few years. Sold as an oil cooler for Harleys. You have to make sure the design of the inside is correct to do the cooling. In the beginning due to the cost they were very expensive but worked. As time went on cheap ones came out which were basically straight through barrels and did not have the cooling effect of the better designs. This was for oil cooling and I have no idea on how well they work for a cooling system.

After looking closely, it appears that these would not work on the WR because of the outlet being located at the bottom of the Radiator. For sure I could not see using a 1/2 inch model between the lower hose doing any good what so ever. They are trick looking though.

I'll stick with my Engine Ice...It seems to be doing the job.

Bonzai ?

waste of money IMO. Will it transfer heat? Yes. Will it the weight increase be offset by the decrease in your wallet? Possibly.

In the application shown I'd be worried about contact with the radiator..... Not to mention the possibility of a fatigue failure at the neck on the radiator - supporting the additional weight.

Brian