Moving to San Clemente..anyone know of good riding near SC

Well my family and I are moving from Redondo Beach to San Clemente.

I usually ride Cal-City or Jawbone area and was wondering ? if there is any good riding in or near Orange County.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Yea, from San Clemente I think your closest place will be up over the 79 to Lake Elsinore but to get to the deserts, either still go to Jawbone, etc or head down south through San Diego, out the 8 and hit up Plaster City, Superstition, Glamis, etc.

well I have lived in San Clemente for 30 years and I can't wate to move,any body want to buy a house the closest riding is the track in elsinore other than that 2+ hours which ever way you drive or dule sport it and ride from the house its not the best but its some thing and as far as the surf way to many kooks around hear

well I have lived in San Clemente for 30 years and I can't wate to move,any body want to buy a house the closest riding is the track in elsinore other than that 2+ hours which ever way you drive or dule sport it and ride from the house its not the best but its some thing and as far as the surf way to many kooks around hear

There are kooks everywhere, only difference is the surf is alot better than the south Bay...Looks like I just added an hour to Ride..

There are kooks everywhere, only difference is the surf is alot better than the south Bay...Looks like I just added an hour to Ride..

yes they are but every summer it gets worse and worse and now even in the winter its a zoo I just need a change what part of town are you moving to?I'm in south west

I'm close to San Clemente. You'll be about 2 1/2 to Ocotillo (fall-spring), if you don't like crowds, be selective when you go. Your only adding a little over an hour to your drive back to Jawbone.

Surfs up in San Onofre. 5 minutes to the Harbour Grill in Dana Point - YUM!

Jenn is that your picture on your avatar

Yes it is.

I have friends who live in Ladera Ranch and I have babysat/housesat for them (just did it like 2 weeks ago).. they drive to Milestone, Elsinore, Perris, etc. as far as motocross tracks go. For dez they make the haul out to Lucerne, Red Mtn, etc.

I love hanging out at Trestles/San O, etc.

You will be very happy with SC been here for more than 30 years and I will never move.... Do you have a dual sporter?

You'll like San Clemente. I worked on a project in Talega (master planned community off of Pico). Nice area, new shopping centers and schools. Forester Ranch and Marblehead are nice communties too. Not sure if you have kids, if so they'll be in Capo Valley School District. My kids are also in this district, has some issues. Weather is really great during the summer, maybe two weeks out the year you'd need your A/C. The 5 frwy on the weekends can be a little packed at times with people heading south to San Diego. You'll find you'll have to go Dana Point, San Juan Capo and up towards Mission Viejo area for most things, but it's a 10 minute drive. There was a proposed toll road project to connect from the end of the 241 toll road at Oso Pkwy to the 5 frwy south down in San Clemete, but it got shot down again, which is good if you're going to be living in the hills out in the area off of Pico.

you know, baja is only what 60 miles right down the 5:D and tecate would only be about 100 miles from your house. i'm just saying.

Fish is right though, there are too many kooks in SC, that's why i stay in pacific beach:eek:

yea Bro I' am just stoked to get my family out of LA and be a lot closer to Baja and better Surf.

I lived in north county few years back and like it better but the commute to HB would suck:foul: ?

You'll like San Clemente. I worked on a project in Talega (master planned community off of Pico). Nice area, new shopping centers and schools. Forester Ranch and Marblehead are nice communties too. Not sure if you have kids, if so they'll be in Capo Valley School District. My kids are also in this district, has some issues. Weather is really great during the summer, maybe two weeks out the year you'd need your A/C. The 5 frwy on the weekends can be a little packed at times with people heading south to San Diego. You'll find you'll have to go Dana Point, San Juan Capo and up towards Mission Viejo area for most things, but it's a 10 minute drive. There was a proposed toll road project to connect from the end of the 241 toll road at Oso Pkwy to the 5 frwy south down in San Clemete, but it got shot down again, which is good if you're going to be living in the hills out in the area off of Pico.

Thank GOD the toll road deal got shut down, I 'am in escrow on a house in Talega and we are really stoked. I have three son's 13,12 and 7 and should have the keys on 6-23-08:) But I 'am not looking forward to moving all my S**t, I just opened the Garage door:eek: ? Holly crap do i have alot of work...

Yes it is.

I have friends who live in Ladera Ranch and I have babysat/housesat for them (just did it like 2 weeks ago).. they drive to Milestone, Elsinore, Perris, etc. as far as motocross tracks go. For dez they make the haul out to Lucerne, Red Mtn, etc.

I love hanging out at Trestles/San O, etc.

maybe you could house/dog sit for me..? LOL

I lived in Redondo too for a while off of S. Irena.. More recently I lived in Rancho Cucamonga and we used to ride in the high desert up the 15..Stoddard vally & stoddar wells, Johnson valley, El mirage ( kind of weak but the dry lake bed is cool to check out)..There are trails that go from lake silverwood off the 15 ( silverwood trail I believe ) upto big bear, where there are more challenging trails..Big bear is alot of fun, its about 2 hours from Clemente if you have not been.. Great trout fishing at big bear and the state record striper was caught at silverwood ( I never caught any over 15lbs there tho!)...