reed1

longgggggg loading ramps?

I just got my truck lifted and i dont know how i am going to get a bike in the back of it? the tailgate sits a little above wais height and im 6'3.

Any help is much appreciated:thumbsup:

Heres a pic of it

P1010031.jpg

There are looooooooong ramps for lifted trucks. Look around.

use 2 ramps instead of buying a new one

truckramp.jpg

wouldnt #2 slide off #1?

use 2 ramps instead of buying a new one

truckramp.jpg

Can we see a video of YOU trying this set up first......:thumbsup:

Grow some muscle. :busted: You also can get kits to build a ramp out of a 2x6. So you can decide how long it is.:thumbsup:

wouldnt #2 slide off #1?
Can we see a video of YOU trying this set up first......:thumbsup:

I have watched a friend try to get it into his lifted chevy 6in with 35's and he fell on his ass with the bike on top of him:busted:

Grow some muscle. :busted: You also can get kits to build a ramp out of a 2x6. So you can decide how long it is.:thumbsup:

i think ill make one because i cant find one i like for under 130 bux.

What would be the best material to make one out of?

i think ill make one because i cant find one i like for under 130 bux.

What would be the best material to make one out of?

2X12 lumber.

I'll go get a pic of my ramps.....

torch

I have watched a friend try to get it into his lifted chevy 6in with 35's and he fell on his ass with the bike on top of him:busted:

Yup thats what i have done to mine

2X12 lumber.

I'll go get a pic of my ramps.....

torch

thanks

you can get aluminum ramp ends from home depot that are designed to be bolted onto a 2X6 or 2X8 and then you can make them any length you want. If you want them to be real sturdy and not flex, you can bolt a piece of steel on the side and they will be bullet proof. Of course they are heavier than aluminum ramps, but their cheaper too :thumbsup:

Not exactly sure where you would go to find one but a friend who has the same problem (only his tailgate is even higher), cut the ramp off of an old Uhaul truck and uses that. It's plenty long and heavy enough he can ride his bike up into the back of his truck.

IMG_0689.jpg

The ramp on the left is for the bike. It's a 2x12, 10 feet long. The one on the right is for me to walk up. It is a 2x10, 9 feet long, with aluminum Grip-Strut around it. They work great!

http://www.gripstrut.com/

I have a different reason to need long ramps to load. If I was to lose 1 pound, (like taking a good dump) I would weigh exactly one-half of what my bike does. Needless to say, I love my long ramps.

torch

IMG_0689.jpg

The ramp on the left is for the bike. It's a 2x12, 10 feet long. The one on the right is for me to walk up. It is a 2x10, 9 feet long, with aluminum Grip-Strut around it. They work great!

http://www.gripstrut.com/

I have a different reason to need long ramps to load. If I was to lose 1 pound, (like taking a good dump) I would weigh exactly one-half of what my bike does. Needless to say, I love my long ramps.

torch

Do both of them fit in the back of the truck ok with 2 bikes?

Im thinking 6ft bed 10ft ramp 4ft hangover.

With all due respect reed1 and I said with all due respect, You have a 24K truck, with tires, rims and a lift kit and your bitchn about ramps that cost 130 bones.......thats funny.

• Like 1

reed,

OK some will say I am a jerk for this but....

You are a gold member with over 1200 posts. Are you serious in that you lifted your truck without first considering how to load your bike into it? If so, are you now telling us that you really need help figuring out how to lay a long piece of wood on the back of your tail gate to load your bike? If the honest answer to either of these questions is yes then you might consider selling your bike and buying a quad. Seriously dude, figure it out.

• Like 3

Do both of them fit in the back of the truck ok with 2 bikes?

Im thinking 6ft bed 10ft ramp 4ft hangover.

They do fit fine, even with camping gear crammed between and around the bikes. When I'm that loaded up, I stow them on edge instead of flat.

I have an 8 foot bed, so the overhang is fine, unless you ask a few jaywalkers that came very close to earning a lump on the nugget from them! You might want to check your local laws on what has to be flagged red for overhang. Your state patrol should be able to tell you.

torch

I use two ramps, they are some I made out of metal stair tread material. It comes a few different widths and long lengths then cut it to just fit in the bed of the truck. You can bolt the 2x8 ramp ends from most ATV shops to the end. Can be bought at most steel yards.