Sign in to follow this  

Unless Honda makes a CRF450E this year, I'm jumping ship...

honda is not interested in making a street legal bike or a six speed tranny. It cost too much to get it there and they sell so many bikes they don't care to change.:thumbsup:

If that's true they are missing out on a lot of sales. Now the gas as high as it is more and more people are looking for cheaper ways to get around. A lot of people like me are not interested in a street bike. If I was to buy a bike it would be a DS.

A friend of mine put on a Honda ride with all of the big wigs from Honda. They asked him for his opinion and he gave it to them. He suggested a six speed and they told him it would cost $300 and put them out of their selling market.:thumbsup: These guys just don't seem to get it.:busted:

A friend of mine put on a Honda ride with all of the big wigs from Honda. They asked him for his opinion and he gave it to them. He suggested a six speed and they told him it would cost $300 and put them out of their selling market.:thumbsup: These guys just don't seem to get it.:busted:

Now that's some funny crap. What selling market? They are not even in the DS selling market. OK they have the old out dated 650L, and they have the new 230 that's plated that you can only ride around the city. :busted:

P.S....You can't tell me that this bike isn't as hot as any Honda out there. :busted:

I can. :ride:

Owned a TE510 (street legal '06) with some upgrades for 6 months. HATED IT.

... ask a few of the other Honda owners that went down that same road thinking it was a wise investment, plated and supposedly a 'great' bike. :thumbsup: I know one of them that raced a Husky at an event... (free) and he had comments about it. If it helps you understand, he owns a 450X after riding and racing many bikes. :busted:

Here it was;

DSC01709.jpg

Now that's some funny crap. What selling market? They are not even in the DS selling market. OK they have the old out dated 650L, and they have the new 230 that's plated that you can only ride around the city. :thumbsup:

I wasn't talking about the DS market, I was talking about the 450x price point.

I can't comment on the TE450 or TE510, but I've ridden the crap out of my bud's '07 TE250 and love it. It corners, is maintenence free, and feels good. The downside is that the overall fit and finish just doesn't compare to anything Honda. [/b.

I think that is the issue........

I took a look at the BETA 510 today. Not terribly impressed with fit or finish.

Come on! its just a KTM with Spagetti sauce on it. because the Beta are from spain.:thumbsup::p

Yes.....price is a huge issue. I can't imagine laying out more cash for a bike that is not as good as my '05 450X...Trust me when I say my X is bad to the bone and it was a few thousand less than a bone stock Husky, KTM, Beta, or any of the other Euro bikes. I would look long and hard for a Japanese bike I could add a few things to to make trail worthy before I shelled out the cash for Euro trash.

I can't comment on the TE450 or TE510, but I've ridden the crap out of my bud's '07 TE250 and love it. It corners, is maintenence free, and feels good. The downside is that the overall fit and finish just doesn't compare to anything Honda. Other than that, I'm sold on the new Husky's.
I think that is the issue........

You are correct Krannie... :thumbsup:

The 450/510 version of the bike in a TE format isn't what a 450X, or even close (comparing apples to apples, not 250s to 450s) With major mod's to the suspension, a stabilizer...etc... it's STILL not the bike a 450X is, nor will be. Fit and finish? The only fit that's cool is the seat, and how it uses a dezus type fastener to secure it (no tools to remove).

Otherwise... it's just another bike trying to match up to the competition. Sadly, I'll have to admit I'd buy a KTM over the Husky in a heartbeat. And for some of you... you know what kind of hurdle that is!

I am plating my 06 CRF450R, i am going to install lights , flywheel 13oz, sidestand, so i´ll have a CRF450E

A CRF450E here in Spain is just a CRF450R with lights and plated. You can buy a CRF450E 2008 right now.