Reed's X-factor

Just thought I'd let you all know that the World Champion , Chad Reed is spending $5m of his own cash to promote a revamp of Supercross racing in Australia , something he's long dreamt of giving back to the sport he has loved , through a ten year deal with Motorcycling Australia , a seven round series increasing to ten will kick off in Perth on October 4th and Mark Barnett has been hired to design and construct the tracks and there has also been a lot of interest in the guys from the US about coming here to race , cant wait to see the best ?

i wouldn't hold your breath about seeing U.S. riders (at least not the top guys) travelling to australia to race SX......between the nationals and the U.S. Open and SX the season is long enough for them already....

i wouldn't hold your breath about seeing U.S. riders (at least not the top guys) travelling to australia to race SX......between the nationals and the U.S. Open and SX the season is long enough for them already....

Ditto.....might get some Arenacross guys.

I think if we can get any Overseas riders the first couple of years we will be happy.

It will be good just to see the guys on real S/X tracks not the little things they have for the last 20yrs.

It will help the Aussie guys get used to real S/X tracks for when they go to the States, were the real money is.

It cost big Bucks to get a complete Team over to Austrailia I dont see any AX guys making it. most barely get by in the States.

the AMA does not control Supercross in the US anymore the Daytona Group does. you will see a huge change comming into SX starting this season and are riders are going to love it!!!

now we need to get OutDoor Motocross to make the swing

This is good for Chad. If he can pull this off, he'll be a star.

Eventually, one or two of the second tier riders will go over there. James probably won't go unless there's an exhibition.

The canadian series seems to be doing pretty well and the racing is exciting. It could take a few years to figure out whether or not its really profitable, which is the real measurement of success.

H'mm as much as i'd like to see Reed rewarded for making an effort to promote the sport ........all i see is total failure.

the series will run head to head with

Moto-Gp at Phillip Island

Gold Coast Indy

Bathurst

Cricket test series

A-League soccer

V8's final Races

given all the above i think it will prove difficult to get bums on seats.

With the Aussie Dollar close to the US $1 mark it makes it a very expensive

trip for a 2nd tear American rider.

The best we can hope for is that a bunch of those fast kiwi boys head to town and hope that Reed does not lap the field.

It cost big Bucks to get a complete Team over to Austrailia I dont see any AX guys making it. most barely get by in the States.

the AMA does not control Supercross in the US anymore the Daytona Group does. you will see a huge change comming into SX starting this season and are riders are going to love it!!!

now we need to get OutDoor Motocross to make the swing

Supercross was not part of the deal with the Daytona group. Clear channel or whoever is running Supercross now still has the rights for several years.