Sign in to follow this  

Ever have the feeling its going to be a bad day ??

Woke up this morning and the sun was shining bright!! Let DRZ-HEAD (barry) know that its all go for a ride.

Get out of bed and go about changing the grips on the Z. whilst doing this i stabbed myself with lockwire, very painful!!

Barry turns up and a we have a bite to eat before heading out, start up the bike and the trottle is sticking like mad, go grab some petrol, then come home to fix the issue. 15 mins later we were ready to go.

All is well and we have an amzing first half to the day, stopping off for a few photo opportunities.

Barry's mobile phone can take 5megapixle photo's in 9 Burst shots, so got some good pictures, I animated them to make it easier than looking at 50 photo's

690.jpg

PevenseyRighthand.jpg

Sequence.gif

Sequence-1.gif

Sequence-2.gif

Sequence-3.gif

Sequence-4.gif

Well after all these pics had been taken we headed off again, and were going to head over the the local supermoto track, so that i oculd have a go at the dirt section and get some pictures of me in the air.

about 10 miles after setting off again, i came to a corner, blind left hander. banked into it only to find a 4x4 coming the other way, for some reason a jammed the front brake and lost the front completely. Slid along the floor and just lay there in the middle of the road for a few seconds.

Got up, picked the bike up and inspected, it was okay, only major damage being a hand guard, a smashed mirror and a footpeg slider falling off :thumbsup:

Also managed to drag my massive head along the floor, i think thats what saved the bike!

Smashed the mirror with my knee, so my knee is really soar, and i took a chunk out of my little finger, somehow my gloves are fine tho

CrashDamage.jpg

CrashDamage1.jpg

CrashDamage2.jpg

Just thought i'd share my day with you.

Enjoyed the lil animation!

Sorry for the mishap...thank God for your large mellon head saving your beautiful bike from any further damage.

New Part Idea: Headsters Head Sliders

• Like 1

Ah yes, other than the spill it was a decent ride. It was a bit disturbing to come around the corner and find Grant lying still in the road :thumbsup::busted:. He jumped up soon enough tho and continued with his usual hooligan antics!!

Bloody 4x4s taking up the whole freakin road:foul:

Well i didnt bounce thats for sure, was more of a thud!!!

Hahahah Headsters headsliders, would be a great way to save a £300 ($600) helmet!!!!

and Barry, Me Hooligan antics, i do not know what you are talking about.

Its not as if i was doing a 60mph wheelie whilst aiming myself at an oncoming cyclist :busted: :busted: :ride::thumbsup:

Glad your Ok Grant, it could have been so much worse :cry:

But it wasn't so stop worrying :cry:

Is all the helmet damage just on the visor and peak :busted:

Shame those KTM's are so slow, or Barry would have been in front :busted:

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

Glad your Ok Grant, it could have been so much worse :cry:

But it wasn't so stop worrying :cry:

Is all the helmet damage just on the visor and peak :busted:

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

Yea, only damage is tho the peak, and i've just stuck a sticker over it, so its not noticable anyway.

When i can afford a new helmet, i'll replace it, but its not really in need of replacement.

I'm more worried about telling the girlfriend than anything (we're back together before you ask :busted:)

So don't tell her, anyway the best form of defence is offence, so just blame her (or Barry) :ride:

Neil. :thumbsup::busted: :busted:

Edit: thinking about it, she probably already knows.

All this time with you, she must be a TT addict by now

Woke up this morning and the sun was shining bright!! Let DRZ-HEAD (barry) know that its all go for a ride.

Get out of bed and go about changing the grips on the Z. whilst doing this i stabbed myself with lockwire, very painful!!

Barry turns up and a we have a bite to eat before heading out, start up the bike and the trottle is sticking like mad, go grab some petrol, then come home to fix the issue. 15 mins later we were ready to go.

All is well and we have an amzing first half to the day, stopping off for a few photo opportunities.

Barry's mobile phone can take 5megapixle photo's in 9 Burst shots, so got some good pictures, I animated them to make it easier than looking at 50 photo's

690.jpg

PevenseyRighthand.jpg

Sequence.gif

Sequence-1.gif

Sequence-2.gif

Sequence-3.gif

Sequence-4.gif

Well after all these pics had been taken we headed off again, and were going to head over the the local supermoto track, so that i oculd have a go at the dirt section and get some pictures of me in the air.

about 10 miles after setting off again, i came to a corner, blind left hander. banked into it only to find a 4x4 coming the other way, for some reason a jammed the front brake and lost the front completely. Slid along the floor and just lay there in the middle of the road for a few seconds.

Got up, picked the bike up and inspected, it was okay, only major damage being a hand guard, a smashed mirror and a footpeg slider falling off :thumbsup:

Also managed to drag my massive head along the floor, i think thats what saved the bike!

Smashed the mirror with my knee, so my knee is really soar, and i took a chunk out of my little finger, somehow my gloves are fine tho

CrashDamage.jpg

CrashDamage1.jpg

CrashDamage2.jpg

Just thought i'd share my day with you.

Damn dude that sucks...Sorry to here the bad news but hey, i still got those handguards.

I'm actually kind of liking the battle scar look :thumbsup:

I know if i buy another set (would be my 3rd set) that they will only get damaged again in some other way!

+ thinking about it, i think i've still got a spare from my last incident on the other side, so i may not even have to show the battle scars :busted:

Shame those KTM's are so slow, or Barry would have been in front :busted:

Neil. :thumbsup::cry: :cry:

Ouch, that was low :mad: . Actually, I did have a spell in front and nearly came a cropper with a 4x4 myself :ride: so Grant kindly took the lead again to check for more:busted: :busted::ride:

i would laugh, but ive got a trapped nerve in my back and spent thursday night in hospital, so im not gonna cos it hurts!!

i will just chuckle to myself and think to myself............cant wait for drz ride out in a couple of weeks.

Ouch, that was low :cry: . Actually, I did have a spell in front and nearly came a cropper with a 4x4 myself :ride: so Grant kindly took the lead again to check for more:busted: :busted::busted:

Not that low Barry, you were still in second place.

But on the other hand, your still in one piece, so you could say you won !!

I have always said, best to live to ride again.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::cry:

well it looks like the uk drz tt'ers are dropping like flies, gonna have to stop comin on here before i bin it, sorry to hear about your mishap headster.

Well, I read this story as a good one: you went down and you're OK! :thumbsup:

I've been riding less than 3 years, mostly offroad, and from Day One riding has meant hitting the ground (from time to time). Which is why riding (aggressively) on asphalt scares the poop out of me.

Glad you're OK, Grant!

It sucks that you crashed, but it's great that you got away so well from it.

Heal up (you AND the bike!)

I don't get it. Everyone is saying how sorry they are.

What's to be sorry about? You walked away with only minor reminders that it pays to be prepared. I say that's reason to celebrate! When does the party start?

The only thing I'm sorry for is that I can't be there to make you buy me a round, or let you force me to buy you one. Works either way.

Happy landings Headster!