Sign in to follow this  

6/8 Foresthill ride

I'm going up to FH in the morning, probably stage around 9am. I have a couple rifles I want to sight in so I may stage down by Pagge Creek at the old chrome mine so I can sight them in the afternoon. I don't have the toyota anymore so if you are coming I'll be in a black H3.

Ill be there tomorrow, hopefully.... Look out for a blue/grey honda odyssey or a XR400 and white yz250f.

Probably stage at sugar pine though or just past the center

It was sweet there yesterday. My kid and his buddy happened along a fat bear out on 5 somewhere, it hightailed it pretty quick.

It was sweet there yesterday. My kid and his buddy happened along a fat bear out on 5 somewhere, it hightailed it pretty quick.

Thats the second bear spotting within the last month that I've read about at FH. Holy moly :thumbsup:

Not surprising. That's bear country. Having grown up backpacking, I've seen more than a few bears...generally after being rudely awakened by the clattering of our "bear alarm" (sierra cups, pots and pans hung together from the same branch as our food bags). They never caused any harm except stealing low-hung food from time to time.

I see bears almost everytime I ride fh in the evening. I have also seen a few mountain lions up there.

yup, bear country for sure. I've mountain biked in that area for years, and I've seen a few bears/lions (no tigers, though - oh my!). let me tell you, it's a little more intimidating to be caught off guard with a bear while on a mountain bike versus a moto. Motos make too much noise, they usually run away before you have a chance to "sneak" up on them.