Help Please!

OK guys, This should not be such a hard thing to do......or is it??

Stock pipe 04' yz250f I want to repack it.

I have drilled the rivets. But it seems like they are still keeping the end cap from coming off. Do I just drill down the center of them, or is there more to it????

Is there a special way to pull the cap off besides using the "grab and pull" method???

Any help much appreciated!

Don't listen to these guys. The stock silencer is made to be repacked. Take a 1/4 inch drill bit and drill each rivet at the front end of the can (near the midpipe). The heads should come off on the rivets, if not then take a small chisel and tap them off. Once the heads are off the pipe should come apart, though it may come apart hard. Hold part of it in a vise and pull on the other part and it should pull apart.

Don't listen to these guys. The stock silencer is made to be repacked. Take a 1/4 inch drill bit and drill each rivet at the front end of the can (near the midpipe). The heads should come off on the rivets, if not then take a small chisel and tap them off. Once the heads are off the pipe should come apart, though it may come apart hard. Hold part of it in a vise and pull on the other part and it should pull apart.

one more thing every once in a will the rivits stick use a small punch to knock them down into the muffler. and you can repack that muffler as much as you like.

Well, repacking a stock silencer is not that bad after all. I drilled the rivets, removed old packing, installed new packing, put new rivets all the way around,? Exhaust as a much deeper tone. Great learning experience.

Thanx to everyone for your help:ride: