Lowering a 01 WR426??

Do a search through posts, it has been covered quite a bit. I am 5'-7" and have had thoughts of lowering as well. Undecided at this time.

Call Scotts they did it for me and I love it!

------------------

Nathan Apelbaum

99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

Scotts cuts off about 1.5 inches from the front and rear springs. I believe this makes the bike easier to handle in the tight stuff however george at Scotts tells me this would be bad if you are doing MX.

Nathan, what kind of riding do you do??

Ion H.

Sorry for the delayed response .....

Scotts had to internally modify the shock (install a spacer I think) and Im not about the fork. George told me what was done but I cant remember exactly. Also new springs and a revalve both front and rear.

I ride off-road.I have done some laps at the Quail Valley track but dont ride MX.Cant comment though since it was before my suspension was done.

The bike is plusher on the small stuff and the front end doesnt bottom out like before.Also steers fantastic IMHO. I can now dab on really tricky single track without falling ....Hooray! Im quite happy with it.

Look through the archives on lowering, I believe you will find the answers to you questions.

------------------

Nathan Apelbaum

99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits