Sign in to follow this  

FREE WR250X mod

Has anyone else tried removing their spark arrester (pea shooter) from the exhaust on your WR250X? :busted: WOW...Sweet sound:thumbsup: and certainly gave me a bump in low end. I am very happy with the results at $0 cost. I cant wait till I get her broke in....I haven't even got past half throttle yet.:thumbsup: I would like to know if anyone else has done this and if results were similar. My buddy has a plated CRF450 and rode my WR before and after, he said he noticed an increase in power as well. :busted: Little cheaper mod than $500 FMF system I was eyeing.:ride:

Has anyone else tried removing their spark arrester (pea shooter) from the exhaust on your WR250X? :busted: WOW...Sweet sound:thumbsup: and certainly gave me a bump in low end. I am very happy with the results at $0 cost. I cant wait till I get her broke in....I haven't even got past half throttle yet.:thumbsup: I would like to know if anyone else has done this and if results were similar. My buddy has a plated CRF450 and rode my WR before and after, he said he noticed an increase in power as well. :busted: Little cheaper mod than $500 FMF system I was eyeing.:ride:

I thought it was too loud completely removed, so I made this:

tip_1.jpg

Louder but not to where it's annoying on the freeway.

Yeah, I did the same and removed it, then drilled holes in the end of the baffle, but after the fmf powercore install I saw very noticable results.

Also disabled and removed intake flapper, and removed exup valve. Made a Servo Sub, and removed the kickstand switch,K&N air filter, all and all I have shaved about 10lbs and increased horse power by about 6-8hp (estimated)

Keep fiddling with it, I have heard it takes a little more to get the X up to speed with the R. I have a video Im getting ready to post of todays ride I ended up pulling a decent 2nd gear no clutch wheelie out.

ok so how do u take off the ontake flapper and remove the exup valve, and what do they do, also whats a survo sub, all i have doon to my wr-x is take the baffle out and the airbox lid off, id like a lil more power so i can get 4th gear up easier, ive gotten my bike up to 98mph so far, it was kinda scary

Is the screen part the SA ? Or does it also require the 3 inch piece of that tube back into the screened area to work as a SA? I wouldn't feel confident riding off road with the SA removed.

at least you guys can just unscrew and take out the SA....

mine is welded :thumbsup:

if you take out the SA do you need a power programmer for the fuel injection. and if i decide to put a aftermarket exhaust on will i need to get a power programmer?

The SA mod....NO.....Full system...NO...But a power commander :busted: will certainly help you maximize the performance:ride: . Try removing the SA and see the difference for youself before you buy a system.:thumbsup:

When you guys just removed the SA, the gases aren't hitting/melting/discolouring your rear fender?

That's really the only stopping me from doing it.

When you guys just removed the SA, the gases aren't hitting/melting/discolouring your rear fender?

That's really the only stopping me from doing it.

It isn't on mine but I did put the cap back on the pipe after removing the SA. kindof works like a diffuser.

i was worried about that too so i tried to put a exhaust tip from a aftermarket pipe on it but it didnt work out right. so i put the stock end cover back on but cut some pieces of soft steel to cover the three holes from the inside and it works pretty good., it has a nice sound and it felt to me like the bottom end got better.

Before I installed a full FMF exhuast, i ended up filling the top hole of the exhaust cover with high temp silicon. I melted the fender first of course. Fortunatly I highsided it last week in the rain (drifting around a wet corner I hit a manhole cover) so there are so many scratches on it you can hardly notice the melty part.

I ordered a power commander (arrives tomorrow). Can't wait to see what it does.

i put the SA back in, sounded good, but was just to loud. now that it's back in i like the stealth factor, ( i was getting dirty looks from the public, like, there goes one of those damn dirt bikers )