E-batt

Who's tried the rechargeable dry cell ebatt, and are you happy with your purchase? I have an 03 WR450, the battery is dead and an offbrand is $40 and a Yuasa is $140. I have no problem with kicking, but with all the crap to remove, it just as well work.

John

I have one on my 07 and couldn't be happier. But mines a different setup than yours would be. An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system. So I have a 2lb battery that holds a better charge than stock.

You would probably have to disconnect the charging system so if you don't mind charging the batt once in a while it's all good.

5 Years of magic button starts makes that $140 seem pretty easy to spend.

I wonder how this battery would do using full light systems (like Trail Tech) on the bike with a stock stator...seems like it would eliminate the need for a rewound stator. :thumbsup:

Any thoughts?

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.

I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system.

I assume then that you never need to externally charge the E-Batt. Is this correct?

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible ..

turbo boost button. :thumbsup:

actually, I'd try 6 of thease. two banks of 3. Each battery has a protection circuit board attached onto the head of the battery. mainly used for high power flashlights.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5776

So how does the bike feel without the extra weight in the saddle..? :thumbsup:

I'd say you definatly feel a difference in the slow side to side. I have the added bonus of a 08 yz exhaust so I've lost 6-7lbs total in the upper seat area. That I notice :thumbsup:

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.

I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

Thanks for the input on that...it definitely seems possible that HID headlamps and helmet lights should work with this battery without a rewound stator. I currently use a Trail Tech SCMR16 helmet light (wired to the bike) and a 35 watt headlight and have had no issues with that. The total wattage, I'm guessing is around 70 watts. If I use the Trail Tech extreme headlights that would probably make the total around 125 watts. I think that's worth a try...a great option to save money and shed a little weight:thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup: