Fear fender stress marks from dual sport kit

I have a UFO rear yz fender, it came pre assembled with a tail light brale light and tag holder. Well over time and miles I'm getting the dreades whitish stres arks is SEVERAL diffferent locations, Another hunrded miles and I figure it will be gone. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution to it?

heat white marks with heatgun or propane torch[be careful not to melt plastic with torch].you have to heat both sides do bottom first. now i have a question.does anyone know a way i could remove stress mark[actually stretch mark]from my old lady's fat butt?i tried propane torch but she jumped around to much.i ended up burning off here eyebrows.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

mattnohiohills,

I had the same problem with a UFO rear fender/taillight on my (past) WR. I bolted through the 2 layers of plastic on each side near the flex point. This holds the inner and outer layers tight together, stiffening the rear and reducing the flex. This seemed to be the simplest fix. I got the tip from another WR rider who had done it before.

James

Originally posted by freestyle111:

heat white marks with heatgun or propane torch[be careful not to melt plastic with torch].you have to heat both sides do bottom first. now i have a question.does anyone know a way i could remove stress mark[actually stretch mark]from my old lady's fat butt?i tried propane torch but she jumped around to much.i ended up burning off here eyebrows.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

LOL!i have the same problem.seems to help if you "work it" more!

?

Here's a link for the rear fender brace I bought.

http://www.bbaluminium.com/yamahaaccess.htm

The prices are in AUSSIE dollars.

I have custom turn signal mounts installed on mine and with the current exchange rate it's only $68 US including shipping.

Dan Lorenze's Dad has one on his bike and that what convince me I needed one. You can pick up the rear of the bike with this brace installed.

There maybe somebody in the States making a similar brace I couldn't find anyone.