Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki DRZ400 or Husqvarna 510SMR

Hello all,

Not really been using the forum much. Only posted a couple of thing but I wanted to no your thoughs on the Husqvarna 510smr. I had a go of my mates one and heaven on earth is that one mean machine. You don't get a lot of vibration of of it..Not like the KTMS. Its a very smooth bike in the mid range power. I think he said its about 61bhp at the rear wheel.thats with a full arrow system and dyno jetted.

I was also keen on the drz. the only problem I have with t he drz is I would probaly spend loads trying to up the power. Is it every going to compete with the husky? the drz is a reliable bike. No question of a doubt. But when I had a go of one the instant power wasn't there! it didn't smell like a proper supermoto. But it was a nice looking bike very easy to ride!!!1

CHOICES CHOICES!!!

I am now the proud owner of a Husky 510smr. Sorry to say this drz owners but it would murder your bikes..

er........you made your choice didnt you:p

"the DRZ is a slow, the husky is awesome, which one should I buy" :thumbsup:

"the DRZ is a slow, the husky is awesome, which one should I buy" :busted:

I agree, SheBeast. The DR-Z is definitely "super-slow." I've only had mine, not intentionally @ 90mph. I wished it went 120+ mph. And, according to my "butt-dyno," mine's only putting out 24.01 hp?:thumbsup: I'm assuming Mr. Brightside's 60hp Husky should be able to do 120 easy?:busted:

Mr. Brightside,

Congrats on the new bike!:ride:

I'm having special "Husky" graphics done for my DR-Z so that I can make everyone think that it's a super, duper fast Husky like yours!:ride:

But in the meantime, I'll spam you with this.

drz12june08.jpg

drz13june08.jpg

er........you made your choice didnt you

No doubt about it.

No doubt about it.

I've ridden the husky 610 and let me tell you.....its got some serious power. Comes down to how much do you want to spend. A drz is much less than the husky. If you wanted to dump 3000 dollars into the drz it would probably compete. But otherwise. Go for the husky. The power is already there.

I am now the proud owner of a Husky 510smr. Sorry to say this drz owners but it would murder your bikes..

the 510 is a race bike. Why would you compare it to a 35 hp bike? :thumbsup:

Mr Brightside, but when your husky blows up and u are having to repair it spending all tht money, the drz will still be going strong!

My friend has a Husky 510 SMR, it has proven to be quite durable under his somewhat ruthless hand. It does require more oil changing than most folks care to do due to it's high hp output and limited capacity. The Husky is indeed a fantastic bike, but comparing it to a DRZ is apples and oranges.

The Husky handles great and it is hard hitting and fast, but it is also a hard edged competition level thumper. It vibrates a lot and the seat is so hard it qualifies as a form of a$$ destruction. Don't get me wrong, riding the 510 SMR Husky is probably the most intense fun I have ever had in a parking lot, but commuting on one or otherwise spending real time on it would be hell.

To equate it to women, the Husky is that thin hot exotic chick who makes for an unforgettable evening but is not good for much else, while the DRZ is the good hearted curvy woman who makes you breakfast after a fun night of drinking, laughing and debauchery. In my world, that is marriage material :thumbsup: Anyway, the DRZ may never be an exotic, but with some of Eddie's help, it can hit the gym and still retain the qualities that make it a good useful bike :busted:

Neither choice is "wrong" unless you don't go in with your eyes open and be realistic with what you want in your motorcycle. If you are considering a Husky, take a good look at the 610 instead. The 610 is a much more practical machine for everyday use.

• Like 1

I am selling my 2006 drz4oos so I can buy the sm610 husky. I heard that the 510 it too much of a focused race bike with lights but the sm610 is much beter suited to everyday rideablility. Go with the 610.

My friend has a Husky 510 SMR, it has proven to be quite durable under his somewhat ruthless hand. It does require more oil changing than most folks care to do due to it's high hp output and limited capacity. The Husky is indeed a fantastic bike, but comparing it to a DRZ is apples and oranges.

The Husky handles great and it is hard hitting and fast, but it is also a hard edged competition level thumper. It vibrates a lot and the seat is so hard it qualifies as a form of a$$ destruction. Don't get me wrong, riding the 510 SMR Husky is probably the most intense fun I have ever had in a parking lot, but commuting on one or otherwise spending real time on it would be hell.

To equate it to women, the Husky is that thin hot exotic chick who makes for an unforgettable evening but is not good for much else, while the DRZ is the good hearted curvy woman who makes you breakfast after a fun night of drinking, laughing and debauchery. In my world, that is marriage material :thumbsup: Anyway, the DRZ may never be an exotic, but with some of Eddie's help, it can hit the gym and still retain the qualities that make it a good useful bike :busted:

Neither choice is "wrong" unless you don't go in with your eyes open and be realistic with what you want in your motorcycle. If you are considering a Husky, take a good look at the 610 instead. The 610 is a much more practical machine for everyday use.

One of the best comparison's I have ever heard. BRAVO:applause: :busted:

"To equate it to women, the Husky is that thin hot exotic chick who makes for an unforgettable evening but is not good for much else, while the DRZ is the good hearted curvy woman who makes you breakfast after a fun night of drinking, laughing and debauchery. In my world, that is marriage material "

That is the finest description that I have ever heard...Thanks!