Sign in to follow this  

wr250x $4,999.00 ***

That should be around $5,700+ OTD

I paid $6075 OTD for my WRR and probably could have done better if I waited untill the next batch, plus they seem to be pretty popular here. I don't think thats anything epic.

A friend of mine was the sales manager of a large multi-brand MC dealer in Colorado. He told me that the MSRP averages 16% over dealer cost. (BTW, it is lower on BMWs.)

So it looks like the bike you found on ebay is selling for dealer cost.

Also, dealers sometimes get a shipment where one or two crates are damaged. Yamaha will take tose bikes back IF the dealer rejects them and leaves the crates unopened. Yamaha then offers those crated bikes to dealers for a substantial discount, but with no warranty.

My WRR was one of those. I got it for $5,399, and the dealer added a Yamaha warranty at the dealer's cost. The only damage on my bike was scuffs on the rear turn signals (being replaced anyway) and a scuff on the rear fender (will be hidden by a Yamaha tail rack). If the ebay bike is one of those, you should ask if there will be a Yamaha warranty (you can always buy one).

I found that ad today too. What's with the small "w" at the end of WR250X?

i actually called the dealership yesterday and asked them why this bike was a grand cheaper than what i'd been seeing salesman told me they'd had it for a year and the owner wanted to get rid of it put a deposit on it today and will be driving 7 hours to pick it up Saturday this thread scared the shit out of me this morning....

Sorry about the message format there, I'm new at this posting thing. In the future periods and capital letters will replace nonexistant space bar gaps. Also, the guy quoted me at $5169 OTD, although I'll have to pay around $300 in taxes to the state of Maryland.

Sorry about the message format there, I'm new at this posting thing. In the future periods and capital letters will replace nonexistant space bar gaps. Also, the guy quoted me at $5169 OTD, although I'll have to pay around $300 in taxes to the state of Maryland.

When I say OTD I mean EVERY FEE. So you're paying $5,500 + dmv fees. Again, nothing epic or worth driving that far IMO.

I found that ad today too. What's with the small "w" at the end of WR250X?

Typically that would be the year but the WR250X in blue is a WR250XXL

an 07 would be a WR250XWL. Not sure if that's why they put that there or not. I can tell you that dealer invoice is just over $5200 not including holdback (going off memory here) so nayone getting one cheaper than that is doing well.

As to the talk of OTD pricing I think to be consistant the price stated should not include tax or license fees but should include any fees paid to the dealer like set up or documetation fees. Taxes in your home state are a given and they vary from state to state so adding them into the cost of the bike can be deceptive. Warranty would be left out or stated separately.

If you came to me to buy the bike the OTD price would be $5845 ($5800 +$45 doc fee), if you lived in ND you'd pay 5% tax and as of today you'd pay $28 to license it. If you say $6163 OTD that would sound high to someone from MN who would then be thinking they'd have to add 6% more for MN tax and then license when that isn't the case.