so? did the NorCal Sierra dirt vanish?

why so quiet around here? ? I think I need to ride my european race bike around on some empty woods trails this Saturday. ?

Rode 60 miles of prime Nor cal Sierra sweetness last weekend, undisclosed location of course.

Too hot to ride, gas is too much, all the cool people have dual sports now and ride from home.

I'm glad I'm not one of those guys that refinanced their house to buy a new diesel pickup and toyhauler.

I'd be screwed right about now.

Mortgage rates would of adjusted, diesel is over $5 a gallon, woudln't be using the toyhauler. I'd be stuck with it because no one would want to buy it since nobody in their right mind is buying toys right now.

What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, dirt bike riding.

What's that like anyway? I haven't ridden since Memorial Day up at Foresthill.

I'm wanting to plan a trip to Idaho with no1clyde. Anyone wanna split fuel with me? About 650 miles each way from Placerville and I get 20 mpg at 70mph in my diesel crew truck. $400 in fuel to ride in a place that doesn't treat me like some red headed step child and isn't dryer than a popcorn fart split 4 ways is pretty good.

Strawberry? it's four rocks and a 2 mile meadow slice of heaven. Prarie city is closer.

Elkins swimmin hole ain't no good till its 110F outside.

I don't live in redding where its 110F all summer long and nothing but powerline chappie ridge trails and I got no dual sport neither.

naw I'm thinking georgetown.

though if gas was cheaper I would be good for moonrocks

hey I got an Idea what about Truckee on saturday? snow is all gone right?

we got some sweet super epic northern NV desert riding in over the weekend. we were the only ones riding in the vast emptiness over the desert plains...wish you guys could of been there! it was swweeet!

HEY-all you ? Californians' can stay in your own state and leave the vast emptiness to us locals. ?:worthy:

How you've been Kim? You and Ilya ready for some camping and high sierra riding? I'm doing a recon run 4th of July weekend (or the weekend prior) to see how many downed trees are across the trails.

I've tried to get BigBob up there but he's too much of a ? -OOOOOOO!

?

My ride was over 100 miles from redding. Hot is just a state of mind. I ride mtn bikes for an hour a day when its over 100. have the trails all to myself.

Chappie powerlines you say. Not good in the summer but in the winter when the whole forest was snowed in we got to ride this stuff and saw know one and were in a OHV park.

CHAPPIEJAN08013.jpg

CHAPPIEJAN08019.jpg

CHAPPIEJAN08055.jpg

Sorry off topic, these are the cascades, actual mtns, not those flat foothill, sanitized trails, you so cal flat billers ride.

I have riden from foresthill to boomtown, nevada and back. I have seen the high sierra, been there done that. married now, with a big Fe550e, too big for nasty trails.

I look for the sunny side of life now. dog is gone. The DRZ and Big bad wolf gone. the light trail going Fe450e gone. The wild hog Easy chair Fe550e is all that remains. Heck I didn't even ride Stonyford this year.

I am vanishing like the dirt.

i want to get in on one of those rides in the h.s.

I was wondering what happened to you. After the Blue Lakes run it seemed like you vanished. Sure thing. ?

If you need a recon partner for the weekend before the 4th, hit me up. I am dying for a challenging ride.?

Next time Jeff. I'll be mostly doing work up there, so I might have some time in the evenings after dinner for a quick trip up the switchbacks, and up the bottom half of horse. There's a handful of spots that always have snow the longest, and I can see how many trees are down.

I have riden from foresthill to boomtown, nevada and back. I have seen the high sierra, been there done that. married now, with a big Fe550e, too big for nasty trails.

I look for the sunny side of life now. dog is gone. The DRZ and Big bad wolf gone. the light trail going Fe450e gone. The wild hog Easy chair Fe550e is all that remains. Heck I didn't even ride Stonyford this year.

I am vanishing like the dirt.

Can you still go camping Old Man? We could always use a camp cook! ?