Sign in to follow this  

Kentucky/Tennessee local forums, websites and organizations?

It looks like I might be moving from the Washington DC area to Clarksville, TN (Ft. Campbell, KY), about an hour northwest of Nashville. I just wanted to start doing my research in the area and was wondering if there are any local forums or websites for locals (mx or trails would be fine). Thanks in advance for the help!

For off-road check some of these out:

http://www.lbl.org/OHVTrails.html

LBL as most know it is the closest to you in Clarksville. Run by the parks dept you can buy an anual pass. About 3000 acres of trails. All two-way, so be careful. Hard pack dirt that's terrible when really dry due to loose rocks. Can be fun on weekdays. When there are less 4-wheeled vehicles. hThey allow jeeps and buggy's there too.

www.mtdr.net

Local club with at least one ride per month. In the forum you can hook up with a lot of locals and ride at will.

http://natra.dirtrider.net/

North AL club that has a lease on some great land in the south side of TN near Lawrenceberg. Some of the best riding around and only $50/yr

www.coalcreekohv.com/

East TN riding area, lost of 4-wheelers, plenty of trails

www.rideroyalblue.com/

Another east TN riding area many miles of trails

I moved from D.C. to Clarksville about two years ago. There is a group of us who ride when we can out at LBL who are stationed at Ft. Campbell. We seems to alternate bikes often but mostly own offroad/MX DS bikes. If you like riding Hare Scrambles check out http://msws.org/index2.html, For motocross there are a few tracks in the area the closest being Crofton 800MX which has a good motocross track and supercross track. The place is run by Steve Ezel who sells KTM's, and has a shop on site. PM when you get this way and we can hook up for a ride. Missle

Check out KYMotoX.com. If your looking for close mx tracks within about 80 miles you have 4 tracks. Echo Valley(Sebree, KY), LSMX(Sturgis, KY), 800MX(Crofton, KY), and BallanceMX(Bowling Green, KY). A lot of guys from Ft. Campbell ride at 800MX, because it is the closest. He typically preps the track, the smaller more SX style track, on Thursday afternoons. Thursday's practice is open until 9 p.m. I believe. PM me if you need anymore information.

I am also a member of the Middle TN Dirtriders. Go to http://www.mtdr.net/ and check them out. I have met many great people there. There is always someone going out to either the tracks or trails. They also have a ride once a month at various locations. August's ride is going to be a 3-Creeks in KY. I won't be at this one, but will make the Sept ride and Lorretta Lynn's Fall ride on Oct.

Try www.easttnriders.com. While it is more geared toward street riding, there are several members who ride off road. They often will post up meeting times and places to ride as well as post ride reports afterwards.

Hey man, I don't know of any local forums; I usually ride solo. And I understand you'll be a couple-three hours further west of east TN, but when you're ready to see what the Smokies have to offer, drop me a line. I have the luxury this year, of pretty much riding anytime I want. FYI, I'm thinking you might be military, is that correct? I'm retired Army. But anyway, just hit me up; I know some areas that most people will/would never find on their own... Regards.

I'm looking for people to go riding with occasionally. Hopefully that share my riding interest. I enjoy riding "Daniel Boone Red Bird Crest" and Hatfield and McCoy trails. Does anyone know of a riding organization or club that I can join or just some folks in my area that

I'm looking for people to go riding with occasionally. Hopefully that share my riding interest. I enjoy riding "Daniel Boone Red Bird Crest" and Hatfield and McCoy trails. Does anyone know of a riding organization or club that I can join or just some folks in my area that

You might check out the forum on the Kyharescramble.com site... I know there are a few that live in Leslie county on there that ride RedBird often.