What model of carb do I have...help!

Hi all,

I have a 2004 400e (Canadian model) and I want to purchase the R & D power pump but I need to know exactely what carb I have. All my manual says is it is a Keihin FCR39. When I went to purchase the pump the sales guy asked me if it was the FCR or an FCR MX. I have no idea:excuseme:

Hi all,

I have a 2004 400e (Canadian model) and I want to purchase the R & D power pump but I need to know exactely what carb I have. All my manual says is it is a Keihin FCR39. When I went to purchase the pump the sales guy asked me if it was the FCR or an FCR MX. I have no idea:excuseme:

thats exactly what it is, an fcr39, NOT an "fcr mx". i have the same one, also known as a "slant" style fcr. but as far as the sales guy is concerned its just an "fcr" and a 39mm one at that

RCKY - Why would you want a R & D power pump? You already have more AP than you need. The mod for that carb is to reduce AP time to 1 to 2 sec duration. It is about the only AP control you have. The FCR MX has many more tuning adjustments: timing, leak jet, duration, etc.

I have an off idle bog situation and am looking for a more snappy throtle response. It has been like that since new and after re-jetting. I just installed the zipty extended fuel screw and figured since I had the carb off I would try an after market accelerator pump. I thought (according to advertising) it would cure my problem. ?

checked,does not exist for your carb.

search "taffy mod".

dam thats too bad i wanted to put an adjustable leak jet on my slant carb.

that doesnt make sense at all. they make an adjustable leak jet for a carb that already has plenty of AP adjustments, but they dont make one for the carb that needs it the most ?