info on 525 07

i just bought a brand new 07 525 exc and need to do a few mods. I need to know about making it run cooler. Ie how to remove some of the exhaust restriction,or some of the other emmisions garbage that restricts the bike. (i think i am comfortable with new jetting but any advice would be great, i ride between 5k and 8k feet). Also planning to run 13 50 gearing and it appears enough people run this with good results, but any feedback would be cool. And what mods do i need to do. What about valves are they an easy task and who has a link to a well laid out step by step instruction. Thanx

Ps i read through 18 pages of forums to try and find answers but there is over 500 so i thought i would just start a new post.?

If the bike is stock it will have bits and pieces on it to please the feds. For the bike to run properly it will need to be re-jetted, remove muffler restrictor, remove smog plumbing, and gear it lower with 14/48. All of these tasks are fairly easy to do if you know what you are doing. KTMTalk dot com has tonz of info available.

Do a search in the TT jetting forum for the specs that will work where you ride. If you can't find what you need in the search, post a question to Eddie. He is always glad to help, and has dialed me in several times over the years.

DBM

Ya gots to de-smog at least a few things on the bike....The catch can catches too well fills with fuel and causes drivability issues when not drained constantly. The exhaust restrictor builds up heat and makes proper running next to impossible.

You need to follow this:http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=195244

After that you may want to pick and choose a few of the "Recipe for a scary fast 525" mods:https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634369

Namely rejetting (Its a must) Re-Gearing (Another must) and setting the AP pump to have a much shorten duration squirt.

You have more than enough bike there. Getting it running as it was desgned to do isnt hard at all! Commit an afternoon to tearing into it with some minimal mechanical skill and be prepared to hang on to the beast when you are done as you are riding about 50% of a 525 in its stock condition.

The 06 did not come with all the smog poo, the 07 and 08 do.

DBM

That is correct... I have a 06 525 EXC and my "better half" has a 07 525 EXC...

We had to have a lot of crap removed from her bike and regeared to be like the 06...

Also the 07 tank is a little smaller than the 06....

I have an 06 525. Cooling has not been an issue. Mine has the KTM electric fan. Works great. No boil. I have an SX silencer with re jetting to match, and 15, 48 gearing. Seems perfect. I aslo have a 44 and 45 rear sprocket if I feel i need to shift into 5th at 60 mph... but honestly that is too tall. No need for all that top end. It will run 90 mph easy with that gearing. TOO FAST FOR ME.

?