Anyone here run?

I don't really like to run when people tell me too though, i run on my own time. Being pushed just isn't for me. It's kind of a spur of the moment thing when i run. I'll go out do about a mile then walk a ways and start running again for about another mile and stop. But then i get on my bike and ride about 30min. EVERYDAY. i just love my bikes.

??

ok... i can do 1 in about 6:30 but after that i'm beat and walk half the second mile. i put some Iron Maiden on my iPod and got quicker but not any farther...lol. i'm sitting at 5'6" 194...
Those are 8 min miles. Most people will tell you that if you are good you will do it in 18 and if you are average you will do it in 20. 8s are no sweat if you are in shape.......................so tell us what you've got.?

You will need to be in pretty good shape to beat 25 mins. I run about 20 miles a week and still can't under 26 mins. Granted i train for longer distances.

The best advice I can give is for you to go to a local high school track and pace your self at 8 minute miles. Each lap is 1/4 miles so you know that you have 2 mins per lap. If you run to fast at the beginning it will kill you for the rest of the run. It is better to actually start out a little slow and sprint at the end; also much easier mentally. You can monitor your heart rate to know what is to fast and what is to slow. This website should help.

http://www.runningforfitness.org/index.php

Also, are you going to run this with other people? Running against others can help your time. It is amazing how motivating it is to run with some one else.

You will need to be in pretty good shape to beat 25 mins. I run about 20 miles a week and still can't under 26 mins. Granted i train for longer distances.

The best advice I can give is for you to go to a local high school track and pace your self at 8 minute miles. Each lap is 1/4 miles so you know that you have 2 mins per lap. If you run to fast at the beginning it will kill you for the rest of the run. It is better to actually start out a little slow and sprint at the end; also much easier mentally. You can monitor your heart rate to know what is to fast and what is to slow. This website should help.

http://www.runningforfitness.org/index.php

Also, are you going to run this with other people? Running against others can help your time. It is amazing how motivating it is to run with some one else.

thanks for the link and the help! i'm pretty sure there will be other people on the track, there was when i did the first pyhiscal test and they were alot faster than me. we only did 1/4 mile and we had to do it in under 2 minutes but since i was with sprinters i did it in about 1 but was dead afterwards.

PS: sorry for high jacking your thread who ever started it.

What kind of academy? When I was in the fire academy we ran 3 miles in formation, in 22 min. moving like slugs on the last mile. It helps to mix sprints and long distance runs, 3 in 24 should not be a problem.

Highway Patrol... i sure hope this won't be in formation.

I run more now than I ever did when I rode. I am still pretty slow but I met with my coach yesterday to fix my running skills. Hopefully I will gain a little more speed before my next race. I run with super tight shoulders and I bob up and down too much. ?

hey guys..

I'm 18 and have ridden maybe 5 times in the past year : / That's mainly because of a bad accident that left the entire family scared but...

I've gotten the ok from parents to pick it up again so I'm happy and also having to train again. During that year off I became a shell of my former self, I played World of Warcraft which essentially is the seed of a ruined life.

I've got weight to lose now and in addition to riding I am running..

This is what I've learned if you want to run a certain pace over the course of a certain period of time; Instead of just running fast at the beginning and walking the end try splitting the entire 24 minute period into periods of high intensity and low intensity. Eliminate the walking over time but toss it in the run in 30 sec or 1 min intervals. After a few weeks you'll be running the whole thing, no walking, and hopefully at your desired pace.

It's good to be back ?

hey guys..

I'm 18 and have ridden maybe 5 times in the past year : / That's mainly because of a bad accident that left the entire family scared but...

I've gotten the ok from parents to pick it up again so I'm happy and also having to train again. During that year off I became a shell of my former self, I played World of Warcraft which essentially is the seed of a ruined life.

This is what I've learned if you want to run a certain pace over the course of a certain period of time; Instead of just running fast at the beginning and walking the end try splitting the entire 24 minute period into periods of high intensity and low intensity. Eliminate the walking over time but toss it in the run in 30 sec or 1 min intervals. After a few weeks you'll be running the whole thing, no walking, and hopefully at your desired pace.

It's good to be back ?

Congrats! Motocross is an addicting sport, glad to see you came back for more. Strive to be the best and train hard! ??

hey guys..

It's good to be back ?

good to hear that, same goes for me

i have no time to ride now, but am trying to go running to pick up what i have lost for mx racing.

?

I run all the time. I run cross country and track for my school. By the end of this summer I hope to be up to 55-65 miles per week. I started at about 25-35 and i'm up to around 40 miles per week right now. So far the past month and a half I have seen a HUGE change in my endurance. Whenever i go out on an hour-hour 15 run, I'm never breathing hard at all, my legs are usaully just achey. It takes a toll on your body though.