the best RM250 - what model year?

i own an 06 rm250, mate has an 07rm250 and daughters boyfriend has a 06yz250 in my garage, also my nephew has a cr250 07. i have ridden all numerous times and these are my findings

07rm250 is very similar in power delivery to 06 yz250....strong but a little pipey

06rm250 has more bottom end than 07 but isnt a huge difference.

07cr250 is a nice bike to ride but feels slow and usually comes last in our drags, well always comes last actually. all other bikes are as fast as each other. they are all stock and one thing i will say is the yz is jetted perfectedly

I would choose an rm as they turn better than the yz but they are all good

YOU DON'T HAVE TO, MATE... IT HAPPENED -- WITH HONDA! ?

from a piston-port configuration CR250 to a case reed engine in 2002... and it was never perfected even until production stops in '07.

the YZ250, on the other hand, remains to have the best powerband in the class -- why is that so? -- because yamaha leave the right things alone.

dtkiko ~ I don't understand you.

You constantly surf and post in the Suzuki forum, and yet, you really don't care about them. As proof, your sig says that you own a '08 YZ-250 and a '03 YZ-125, so why would you consider an older RM-250??

And then once you really get some people involved in the thread, then you start clamoring about how YZ's are the best?? Is the Yamaha forum so boring that you feel the need to surf a forum that has riders that actually consider one another a distant brother? And as such, are more than willing to freely help one another with just about any RM related problem.

Really, if Yamaha's are so great then why does someone that bleeds blue feel the need to wonder away from the heard so often?

Simply put, I know that your orginal post was not an effort to find the best RM-250. You were only looking to find a reason or two to show that your '08 YZ-250 was better than an '08 RM-250. And the bottom line is that it's not. The RM will always knife under you and get on the gas sooner, and in the end you will be eating a lot of yellow dust.

Get use to it.

• Like 1

Zig your the man! Awesome post! I wondered if he was actually looking to buy an RM, and while I think he is, he THE biggest Yamaha fanboy around. It doesn't add up.

Oh and "Best Powerband"? There is no such thing, for every rider likes a different style - There may be hardest hitting, smoothest, snappiest or even strongest but there is no best powerband.

dtkiko ~ I don't understand you.

You constantly surf and post in the Suzuki forum, and yet, you really don't care about them. As proof, your sig says that you own a '08 YZ-250 and a '03 YZ-125, so why would you consider an older RM-250??

And then once you really get some people involved in the thread, then you start clamoring about how YZ's are the best?? Is the Yamaha forum so boring that you feel the need to surf a forum that has riders that actually consider one another a distant brother? And as such, are more than willing to freely help one another with just about any RM related problem.

Really, if Yamaha's are so great then why does someone that bleeds blue feel the need to wonder away from the heard so often?

Simply put, I know that your orginal post was not an effort to find the best RM-250. You were only looking to find a reason or two to show that your '08 YZ-250 was better than an '08 RM-250. And the bottom line is that it's not. The RM will always knife under you and get on the gas sooner, and in the end you will be eating a lot of yellow dust.

Get use to it.

haha! finally, you're here, zag-ziggy! ? i'm always fascinated by your turbo-charged emotions for the yellow bike... highly commendable ?

the reason why i'm asking you "good" RM guys in the first place about the best "perfectly-developed" RM250 is that in the 1st place they sell like pancakes these days. they are even imported so cheap in manila (just like the kawas) that i've got to have one.

take my word for it, zag-ziggy... i want to have the best RM250, and i reckon it's the '06 yet i'm not really sure that's why i asked you guys. secondly, it's my money down-the-line, if yah know what i mean... so enough of your childish emotions, will yah, good buddy ?

yellow dust? --- i could see myself shaving a lot of yellow plastics in the trails.... if there's something magic about yellow bike these days, it is because they are so cheap that i could afford abusing one RM250 in the trails and save my YZ250 for better days ?

muchas gracias!

haha! finally, you're here, zag-ziggy!

yellow dust? --- i could see myself shaving a lot of yellow plastics in the trails.... if there's something magic about yellow bike these days, it is because they are so cheap that i could afford abusing one RM250 in the trails and save my YZ250 for better days ?

muchas gracias!

Man I thought Zig06's post was a little harsh but now I see he is on to something! You really are not on this forum to socialize with other RM smoker fans but rather you really do just want to preach the blue gospel about the Yamaha's.

I myself just sold a "Blue bike" and an "Orange bike" as well and never even tought about buying a Suzuki. Hell out of years of riding I never have owned one yellow bike. It was not for the fact I thought they were cheaply built or anything bad I just have always rode Honda, Yamaha and a few KTM's. But after stumbling across an 04 RM250 and realizing it is one of the best feeling bikes I have ever ridden (IMPO) I now have a whole different outlook about Suzuki's!!

After selling my two bikes I was on my way to buying another KTM but now I may give Suzuki's 09 line up a look when I decide on a new bike. Regardless I dont think Im going to part with my little Yellow Smoker anytime soon because the bike just really fits me well and is well built!

Im not trying to say your Pro Yamaha opinons are not welcomed here, Im a new guy on the RM forums as well but it would seem you may get better opinons and info if you turn down the Pro Yamaha/ RM bashing tone. Cheers

Bwahahahahaha dtkiko, Yamaha guys like you kill me. I am not saying Yamahas are not good bikes, they are. Inact they are all good. But Yamaha guiys act like the yamaha is SOOO superior to every otyher bike nobody has a chance. OK well let's examine that.

Throw out open class bikes since not everybody had them, look at just MX 125 and 250 bikes. If they are so good the champioships will reflect it. Let's seeee, hmmm, well, since 1971 the only manufacturer with less wins than Yamaha is Can-Am. Those sucky Hondas seem to do OK with thier crappy motors. Honda an Kawsaki have more than twice Yamahas victories and even the lowly Suzuki beat the MIGHTY Yamaha. In the end people opinions are like butt holes, what counts is actual verifiable championships, not a magazines reviews which is based on advertising revenue and people's subjective butt dynos.

You talk a good game, so please post your standings in your local MX races or Harescrambles. Or are you just a recreational rider? You know jsut a play rider. Becasue of course, if you are just a recreational rider, you have no experience, ability or credibility to comment on how much better you are on your Yamaha than every other rider on every other yellow bike. Yeeeeahhhh, passing recreational riders and newbies on the trail, hell mwe all do that, bwahahahaha.

So please, post your regional standings and put some facts where your mouth is. Yoa realize if you can not back up what you say, that makes you a poser mand no post of any smart remark you make is gonns make a lick of differrence.

I am not saying Suzuki is better or Yamaha is better, I am saying your opinion is baseless and you have no way to verify that you are better than Suzuki riders which you did say. So.... prove me wrong. If not ????

mxchampsyh5.jpg

Well, that's true becuase RC on a YZ250 would have won just as much, RC on a KX250 also would have and let's face it, RC on a 250SX KTM would've won like crazy still.

I just can't help but enjoy this Yami fanboy being put in his place. Even ebeck, a mostly Kawi until recently is in on it. Popcorn please!

Bwahahahahaha dtkiko, Yamaha guys like you kill me. I am not saying Yamahas are not good bikes, they are. Inact they are all good. But Yamaha guiys act like the yamaha is SOOO superior to every otyher bike nobody has a chance. OK well let's examine that.

Throw out open class bikes since not everybody had them, look at just MX 125 and 250 bikes. If they are so good the champioships will reflect it. Let's seeee, hmmm, well, since 1971 the only manufacturer with less wins than Yamaha is Can-Am. Those sucky Hondas seem to do OK with thier crappy motors. Honda an Kawsaki have more than twice Yamahas victories and even the lowly Suzuki beat the MIGHTY Yamaha. In the end people opinions are like butt holes, what counts is actual verifiable championships, not a magazines reviews which is based on advertising revenue and people's subjective butt dynos.

You talk a good game, so please post your standings in your local MX races or Harescrambles. Or are you just a recreational rider? You know jsut a play rider. Becasue of course, if you are just a recreational rider, you have no experience, ability or credibility to comment on how much better you are on your Yamaha than every other rider on every other yellow bike. Yeeeeahhhh, passing recreational riders and newbies on the trail, hell mwe all do that, bwahahahaha.

So please, post your regional standings and put some facts where your mouth is. Yoa realize if you can not back up what you say, that makes you a poser mand no post of any smart remark you make is gonns make a lick of differrence.

I am not saying Suzuki is better or Yamaha is better, I am saying your opinion is baseless and you have no way to verify that you are better than Suzuki riders which you did say. So.... prove me wrong. If not ?:worthy::ride::prof:

mxchampsyh5.jpg

yeah whatever, robin... is this all yah have to say? ??

thanks for that wonderful timeline of history, though.... i see uncle sam everywhere ?

Look at Gary Jones... won it all 3 times in a row aboard Yamaha Suzuki and Can-Am. Grant Langston on both a KTM and the Yamaha. Of course it's the rider ... I mean look at RC. BTW, Chad Reed is the AMA MX champion this year aboard Yamaha (not shown in table).?

I gotta say though that the table isn't favorable to Yamaha.? I mean Yamaha hadn't won a 250cc championship since Bob Hannah in 1979 and then Doug Henry aboard the YZ400F in 1998 and then finally Mr. Langston's recent success on the 450F. Must be a chump racing department if they couldn't attract and keep pros on their program with the exception of the last two years.

That's it, I'm gonna run right out and sell my new '07 YZ250 for peanuts 'cause we all know what junk they are.?

yeah whatever, robin... is this all yah have to say? ??

thanks for that wonderful timeline of history, though.... i see uncle sam everywhere ?

I know it it the rider not the bike Zuk members, this is what Sallys (dtkikos) posts sooooo offensive. Here, follow along Zuk members.

No, it is NOT all I have to say. Let me follow up your non resposee with a recap....

1)We all agree that it is the rider not the bike, right? So your assertion that the YZ is SOOOOO much better that it wins just because th has a YZ on tank just does not hold water. Does it? Oh yeah and thanks for pointing out, American Riders are the best too there Sally.

2) Ok, so you ride for fun then, so your a poser.

3) So your assessment that you are so good is all in your head.

4) You have no way to back it up.

5) Your alllll talk. Go ahead and post back when YOU and YOUR YZ are killing the local racers and you can post actual verifiable results.

6) I bet if you went to the track you would get your ass waxed by those guys and they are MOSTLY not on YZ's either I bet.

Soooo, all that is left is to see how good a rider you are, which as we now see you can not back up big mouth. ?:worthy::ride::prof:

Seriously, do not go into a forum and dog bikes jut to provoke, ESPECIALLY when we find out your just a poser who does not have enough nuts to actually race the other bikes you dog so easily.

Do not post things to insight other members for no reason Ok Sally?:rant:

Corner_Dumb_Ass.jpg

• Like 1

I know it it the rider not the bike Zuk members, this is what Sallys (dtkikos) posts sooooo offensive. Here, follow along Zuk members.

No, it is NOT all I have to say. Let me follow up your non resposee with a recap....

1)We all agree that it is the rider not the bike, right? So your assertion that the YZ is SOOOOO much better that it wins just because th has a YZ on tank just does not hold water. Does it? Oh yeah and thanks for pointing out, American Riders are the best too there Sally.

2) Ok, so you ride for fun then, so your a poser.

3) So your assessment that you are so good is all in your head.

4) You have no way to back it up.

5) Your alllll talk. Go ahead and post back when YOU and YOUR YZ are killing the local racers and you can post actual verifiable results.

6) I bet if you went to the track you would get your ass waxed by those guys and they are MOSTLY not on YZ's either I bet.

Soooo, all that is left is to see how good a rider you are, which as we now see you can not back up big mouth. ??:worthy::ride:

Seriously, do not go into a forum and dog bikes jut to provoke, ESPECIALLY when we find out your just a poser who does not have enough nuts to actually race the other bikes you dog so easily.

Do not post things to insight other members for no reason Ok Sally?:prof:

Corner_Dumb_Ass.jpg

shhh... you talk too much, robin :rant:

all yah got to do is mount yourself with that frog-colored bike of yours and patrol gotham city... you're more of a use this way and this is where you're good at ??

• Like 1

Man I thought Zig06's post was a little harsh but now I see he is on to something! You really are not on this forum to socialize with other RM smoker fans but rather you really do just want to preach the blue gospel about the Yamaha's.

I myself just sold a "Blue bike" and an "Orange bike" as well and never even tought about buying a Suzuki. Hell out of years of riding I never have owned one yellow bike. It was not for the fact I thought they were cheaply built or anything bad I just have always rode Honda, Yamaha and a few KTM's. But after stumbling across an 04 RM250 and realizing it is one of the best feeling bikes I have ever ridden (IMPO) I now have a whole different outlook about Suzuki's!!

After selling my two bikes I was on my way to buying another KTM but now I may give Suzuki's 09 line up a look when I decide on a new bike. Regardless I dont think Im going to part with my little Yellow Smoker anytime soon because the bike just really fits me well and is well built!

Im not trying to say your Pro Yamaha opinons are not welcomed here, Im a new guy on the RM forums as well but it would seem you may get better opinons and info if you turn down the Pro Yamaha/ RM bashing tone. Cheers

Yea, it might have been a bit harsh, but it could have been worse, although this is a G Rated forum so there are some constraints.

Honestly guys and gals, do us all a favor and just ignore dtkiko's posts. He's really nothing but a very low form of bottom feeder. And as such, he's just not worth talking to or reading his unfounded opinions. ???

Yea, it might have been a bit harsh, but it could have been worse, although this is a G Rated forum so there are some constraints.

Honestly guys and gals, do us all a favor and just ignore dtkiko's posts. He's really nothing but a very low form of bottom feeder. And as such, he's just not worth talking to or reading his unfounded opinions. ???

+1 Zig:thumbsup: Now that I see what dtkiko's intensions are here on the RM board I think you only feed his ego and reasoning for continuing his badgering when you reply to his post. I dont think he deserves bad gas but just ignoring him might do the trick. There is always Town Square here on TT for ya dtkiko! Those fellows on that board love to argue and stir the pot.?

shhh... you talk too much, robin ?

all yah got to do is mount yourself with that frog-colored bike of yours and patrol gotham city... you're more of a use this way and this is where you're good at ??

Ohh wow, ouch that hurt, wow you really got me, I do not know what to say in the face of ALLL your scary evidence. Dodge the subject huh?

Yep, If I were a poser like you I'd respond just like you. I totally get you. I'll leave you alone. This is quite embarasing.

Shhh, you speak too much Sally, post a picture. I have neve seen a Filipino with a YZ. Do they import them there Sally? Post a picture.

I bet you do not own a bike. I KNOW you don't.?

I notice you spent time in my garage envying my collection. Yea, it is cool actually having one. lol

this is my precious bike... a mongrel-of-sort, a KX125 equipped with a lowly KDX200 engine pffffft haha! ?

holy-smokin robin!! this is the best bike i've got!! ?

picture003mediumbc7.jpg

Honestly guys and gals, do us all a favor and just ignore dtkiko's posts. He's really nothing but a very low form of bottom feeder. And as such, he's just not worth talking to or reading his unfounded opinions. ?:worthy::ride:

+1 Zig:thumbsup: Now that I see what dtkiko's intensions are here on the RM board I think you only feed his ego and reasoning for continuing his badgering when you reply to his post. I dont think he deserves bad gas but just ignoring him might do the trick. There is always Town Square here on TT for ya dtkiko! Those fellows on that board love to argue and stir the pot.:prof:

relax, mates... one thing i really like it here is the word "ego" and "unfounded opinions"... ahihi :rant:

all i was asking from you emotionally turbo-charged RM fags was what is the best engine-photocopying RM250 ever made that i could buy... then you all blirted out! what is wrong with you, guys? haha! ?

you should all be happy that i'm buyin me a 2nd-rate RM250 for a collection haha! ??

here's one for all of yah! is that david knight ridin? ahihi! ?

2008yamahayz25012wpe5.jpg