Sign in to follow this  

Any pics of slightly larger tank?

Hi,

My father has a gigantic aftermarket tank for his DRZ436 he uses for Baja. I'm looking for a gas tank that is obviously larger than stock without being bulbous or too large.

Anyone have pics of their DRZ with a slightly larger tank so I can make a quicker/visual decision? T(h)anks in advance.

Hi,

My father has a gigantic aftermarket tank for his DRZ436 he uses for Baja. I'm looking for a gas tank that is obviously larger than stock without being bulbous or too large.

Anyone have pics of their DRZ with a slightly larger tank so I can make a quicker/visual decision? T(h)anks in advance.

I dont know if this is what your looking for but here is a Clarke 3.9 and then the stock.

DSC00278.jpg

42.jpg

I'm looking for just a black plastic tank, I don't even care if it's bigger. My metal tank is dented and if I replace it I want to replace it with something less dent-prone. I just want to come as close as possible to the stock look. I've heard of the IMS 3.2 but haven't seen any pics...is it available in black? I'm not sure how I feel about the huge mountain of plastic at the top of the Clarke.

some googling brought me to this post on another forum

http://smokymountainriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10771&postcount=1

my personal faves are the IMS 3.2 and the Clarke 3.6. Look is close to stock and both appear less likely to remove my peanut satchel if I go over the handlebars, compared to the Clarke 3.9 and the Acerbis.

The clarke is obviously more favorable to the wallet, so unless I stumble upon a nice used IMS that'll be the one I end up getting.

The descriptions both say they only fit the E model...I think I've heard of some bracket kit to adapt them, where do I find one of these? Also IMS lists different tanks for 00-06 and 2007, what about the E model changed that affected the gas tank?