New eves neck brace

I don't know if they are on the street yet. I pre-ordered one from the TT store and it was scheduled for May 15th, then June 1st, then June 15th. I have not received any more updates or info after the last message that said the 15th and here we are on the 24th...

Mark

I thought I seen a July release date in RacerX. But I can't remember what I had for lunch today, so I may be wrong.

I'm on crack, apparently...? I dug out the email I received and there it was.

"Estimated Availability" is quoted as:

black only - end of june

all other colors - late July

So there you have it. I ordered black, lets hope they deliver on time. I plan to post a mini review when I get mine if there aren't any reviews floating around at the time.

Mark

ill wait a year for the new thing to come out...

Might be a long year if this is the one you bail onto your head in. I am willing to upgrade in a year if I need to, but I am not crazy about no neck protection until the perfect brace comes out.

Mark

Might be a long year if this is the one you bail onto your head in. I am willing to upgrade in a year if I need to, but I am not crazy about no neck protection until the perfect brace comes out.

Mark

Im with ya on that man, im going to pick up leatt this weekend, i took a huge fall last weekend at the track and was lucky to wal kaway with a broe helmet and some good scrapes.

On a side note Alpinestar has a new one thats "comming" out but tis over 600

I seen that Leatt is now advertising a brace similar to the Evs and a roughly competitive price.

I figured that would happen, but I didn't want to wait on it. Competition is great for us in this area, it will cut prices and provide lots of options and features to choose from. There is just no such thing as too many protection options.

Mark

I figured that would happen, but I didn't want to wait on it. Competition is great for us in this area, it will cut prices and provide lots of options and features to choose from. There is just no such thing as too many protection options.

Mark

Well a lot of folks werehoping the competition would lower the price of the Leatt, instead they just created a cheaper line.

Well a lot of folks werehoping the competition would lower the price of the Leatt, instead they just created a cheaper line.

Leatt did not make a cheaper one per say, its the same material as the sport but its not as adjustable. The EVS one is supposed to be good and offer a form of protection that th leatt does not.

I have a LEATT and I have to say...You get what you pay for.. How much would you pay if you were in a wheel chair from an accident?? This is like a helmet.. Buy the BEST you can.. EVS is a cheap knock off company.. Why is Alpinestars brace $600?? and the better Leatt $600. I have the $395 one.. I went with what I could afford.. Safety is important. Take a look at the crash the editor from Transworld took...a good helmet and the LEATT brace saved him.

Also when Villapoto crashed last year it was a LEATT that saved his ass...

just my 37 cents...