Preventing theft on vacation...

If she does anything like that again, tell her just get the plate number and don't get close to them. Leave that for the cops. ?

? Already done!

Only after the fact does she realize the jeopardy she placed the whole family in.

Those fools had better hope the police get to them before they come back to our property. ??:ride::worthy::prof:

Man thiefs make me soooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! If I had it my way, you even think about takin anything of mine or someone elses, you are dead! I know its harsg, but I've been the victim of too many thefts!

Insurance is your best bet. Either homeowners with replacement coverage, or a separate policy for your bikes. We had 2 mountain bikes ripped off in Phoenix (valued at $7500) and State Farm replaced them under our homeowners policy. Make sure you get replacement coverage though. If you don't, you'll only be reimbursed for the depreciated value of your bike(s).

Insurance is your best bet. Either homeowners with replacement coverage, or a separate policy for your bikes. We had 2 mountain bikes ripped off in Phoenix (valued at $7500) and State Farm replaced them under our homeowners policy. Make sure you get replacement coverage though. If you don't, you'll only be reimbursed for the depreciated value of your bike(s).

First of all, I agree that State Farm has been very good to me too with all the car break-ins and thefts I have had. Insurance is worth paying for.

But it sucks that is what it comes down to. I know it varies by neighborhood somewhat, but in the long run, you most likely will get someone attempt to steal from you. When I buy insurance, I feel like I am giving in to the thieves and saying "I give up, you can have all my stuff, I have insurance now anyway"

I know it is just an added measure of protection, but I feel like bulking up security is just as important as insurance. My bike, with all it's aftermarket parts, is irreplaceable to me.

Anyone who has the "it can't happen in my neighborhood" mentality needs to pull their head out of the sand. Every time that I take a theft or burglary report, I hear that phrase or the equally naive, "I always thought that this was a good area." WAKE UP! THAT'S WHY THEY ARE STEALING FROM HERE!

Your best defenses are dogs, insurance, good outdoor lighting, and solid neighbors who can watch out for you and report anything suspicious. Alarms aren't a bad idea either, but check to make sure that someone will respond on it if it is set off. The police in my area do not respond on burglar alarms and the alarm companies won't go unless it's a business.

thank god i have really good neighbors that are always home other wise i would go nuts trying to secure my garage . 3 dirt bikes and 3 harleys is a gold mine to a thief ... i did have renters insurance but its lapsed i need to renew i guess . i did catch a tweeker slealing my lawn mower once i told the cops he broke his arm jumpin the fence

thank god i have really good neighbors that are always home other wise i would go nuts trying to secure my garage . 3 dirt bikes and 3 harleys is a gold mine to a thief ... i did have renters insurance but its lapsed i need to renew i guess . i did catch a tweeker slealing my lawn mower once i told the cops he broke his arm jumpin the fence

???

This just came UPS to my house yesterday.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11278373&cm_mmc=BCEmail_309-_-BANNER-_-7-_-Q-See

It's more to keep all of the neighborhood kids off of my new truck. It's also to catch the neighbors dogs crapping on my lawn. ?

That a serious set up your gettin there Old Man !!! I Like, I Want One

? When you find whos crappin on you lawn you should go take one on there lawn ?

my neighbors watch my house and animals, just got back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, its all still here. they're great, just like family!!

gotta love Having good neighbors, did you pay 'em ?

Get Joe Horn to house sit for you. :worthy: People cry that he should not have shot those guys. Somehow I dont feel any pity for them.

Mike

Prop's to Joe, I have said it before and I'll say it again There's nothing worse then a theif IMO they got what they deserved and GOD BLESS TEXAS ????