How often should I be changing spark plugs?

I have an 07 wr450. It runs great, always starts easily and is still on the original spark plug. How often should it be changed? Thanks.

I change mine once a year on my 2001 YZ426 that I use to trail ride. I probably run it 50hrs a year and it always looks good when I pull it.

I change mine every 3 months when I check valves and stuff. I ride and race in the Desert.

Every other year when I buy a new WR:busted:

when it shows wear . usually once a year or two .

I wondered the same thing, mine is on it's 3rd summer now and over 5000km and the plug still looks good. and runs even better :thumbsup:

I wondered the same thing, mine is on it's 3rd summer now and over 5000km and the plug still looks good. and runs even better :thumbsup:

Iridium?

yeah, I put one in as soon as i bought the bike.

me too... i think my 99 still has the stock one actually :thumbsup:

Man, I still have the stock plug in my 05 WR. Not bragging, just realized that I should have at least pulled it to see if it's still in tact?:thumbsup: It fires right up every time, so never had a reason to check it out.

So how do you guys like the NGK Iridium Plug?. I needs to try one. What is the difference? Does it really get you better MPG, throttle responce and easier starting like they say it does?.

I just change mine every Spring, after leaving it in with storage oil and whatnot over the winter.

Man, I still have the stock plug in my 05 WR. Not bragging, just realized that I should have at least pulled it to see if it's still in tact?:thumbsup: It fires right up every time, so never had a reason to check it out.

So how do you guys like the NGK Iridium Plug?. I needs to try one. What is the difference? Does it really get you better MPG, throttle responce and easier starting like they say it does?.

I noticed 2 things when changing to Iridium, easier start and runs much smoother, especially on low rpm:s.

someone is makin bank and plays their cards right

I noticed 2 things when changing to Iridium, easier start and runs much smoother, especially on low rpm:s.

+1 :thumbsup: plus it starts easier after a low speed tip over and I need all the help I can get in that area :p

someone is makin bank and plays their cards right

I wish... years ago I bought a new bike - paid cash, now every other year I sell a two year old bike and buy a new one with some money saved over the past two years... works out great. And I save money on sparkplugs:lol:

I used to put an iridium in once a year, if it needed it or not.

If your jetting is right your plug will last forever.

Honestly, I think my plug is 3+ years old. 01 WR426 that starts first or second kick, and runs perfectly.

My riding bud just dropped off his bike yesterday saying it was running a little rough ( 98' WR400 ).

Today I asked him when did you change the plug last, He said I don't think I ever have..

You be the judge.. :thumbsup:

100_2009.jpg

oh, that looks bad and rusty, but don't look so bad at the electrode, you have a close up of that part?

That plug looks OK from what I can see.... the rust is just an indication that he washed the bike often :thumbsup: