Black engine cases that will last!

hey guys,

I brought this up in the forums a couple weeks ago and its finally done and put back together. I had my clutch cover, stator cover, and oil filter cover covered in Line-x (the truck bed liner) and it came out awesome!

I also got a few other mods to go along with the new cases. I have works connection timing plugs, and a Hammerhead case saver. I also painted the exhaust gaurd on the header black. Last time I went out riding I crushed the head pipe on the bike, so I had to buy a new exhaust system as well. This is the system off a 2006 with anodized end cap that I polished the hell out of before I put it on. The bike is slightly louder compared to my stock 2007 system, I think its because of the larger opening of the new cap.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=62594

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=62598

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=62596

So What do you guys think of everything?

-Rob

about how much was the cost of the line x?

It was $40 to have everything done. At first the guy told me that he would need to prime the covers and all that garbage... never even told me that he didn't, but he definitely did not. Thats OK though, this stuff is very durable and it didnt need primer. It was a very tight fit between the clutch cover and the oil filter cover as well, I had to trim them both to fit. I would suggest just buying the oil filter cover from a 2008 model if I was going to do it again. I also spent a long time with a box cutter cleaning up around the timing plugs and removing the line-x that was sprayed over taped areas etc. This stuff is so tough that once it dried on the tape it there was almost no use for the tape in the first place. Took me a long time, but it was well worth it. I also had to take a very sharp drill bit and drill out the holes for the bolts. That was quick and easy to do though.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Keep the feedback coming.

-Rob

The line-x is really pretty thin so it doesnt effect the feel of the brakes or anything with the boots. I actually just took it for a quick spin around my house with work boots on, not motocross boots and I couldnt feel the difference at all. Its only a little thicker then a quarter. As far as weight the parts were noticably heavier then before i brought them in... but whats a couple ounces added to the bottom of your engine. I guarantee no one will feel it.

This mod is 100% for looks though, no doubt about that. There was no other need to have it done other then the fact that my engine cases will look brand new for years now, and I love the way the black cases looked on the 08's.

I dont think its too bad. I know the clutch cover doesnt radiate much heat anyway. I dont know much about the other 2. I did feel them after a quick ride and I can say that they didnt feel that hot. The bike didnt seem to be running any hotter then normal either.