@#$&*0!!!

ok... so i hate to bring up the oft discussed and rediscussed topic of jetting but i have an issue i need some help with. thanks to all ya'll jetting expertise, i changed the main jet to 150 and the pilot jet to 38 on my '02 wr426 for riding at 7,000' and above. while it runs smoother overall (around the block at 5,500'), at wide open throttle, i feel like the engine is going to fall out. where do i need to direct my focus?

the bike is stock except a twin air filter and uncorked...

Originally posted by e-z e:

what i meant by that was that it sputtered so much i was lurching forward and back like i was on a mechanical bull..

I suppose you expect me to be able to relate to that....

Anyway, sounds like a lean condition to me. Try a larger main.

eze

just incase you got your numbers from my signiture-and there's nothing to say you did but-i had a silencer on my bike as well as running the 160MAJ. both these knock your MJ down.

so a 150MJ for me would be a 160-165MJ for you. the altitude would bring that back down a little to guess what? one-five-eight!!

Taffy

so i changed the main from my 150 to 160 without any noticable difference... still sputters like mad at wide open. just for fun, i threw in a 170 i had laying around... still no noticable difference at any spot in the throttle range except maybe more backfiring.

any suggestions??? would disconnecting the grey wire help this?

UGH!