250f or 450f 16yrs old.

I'm looking into buying a new bike.. Im 16yrs old.. 5'11 and 160lbs.. im groing alot and thats why im thinking about getting 450 because in a few years when im bigger i wont need a new bike or is a 450 fine for me now? ive been riding for 10 years its not like a 450 is gunna be my first bike i have a rm125 right now.

I was in the same exact position not long ago and went with the 450, worst decesion i could have made. It may be completley different for you, but i just hated how heavy it was and how much more energy it took to ride that compared to the old 125.

I eventually just bought a 250f and like it so much more, its lighter and i can use the power it offers so much more effectively.

Just my experiences wit that situation ?

at yoru size, if your fit a, a 450 wont be so bad, but you will have a lot mroe fun, and more then liely be much faster on a 250F, good compromise is a 250 2t, not the low end pull of the 450's (which is what ware's you out more then anything) and not as heavy (next biggest contributor) but still won't get boreing power wise as time moves one, plus it will last you a lot longer and cost a lot less, i went from a KTM 450 to an RM 250 and the differant in fatuige is massive, although i'm lighter then you again (5'10 145 pounds) which makes a bit of differance.

the fastest guy at both track's i ride at is on a CRF250R, the 450's can't touch him, it's will be a while before you need more pwoer to be faster.

im 15 6 feet tall and i ride both crf250 and crf450.if i were you i would get a crf250 fun to ride cause your more on the edge with those bikes.i mean you have to push them alot harder then what you could do on a 450. crf450 i can do everything so easily its crazy. if you want more fun 250f is the way to go.

I started riding a 450 at 16, granted I was 6'2" at 16 as well. If you plan to do any racing I would go with the 250f. I am getting into racing with my 450 and it really limits the classes I can enter. At my last race the only class I was eligible for was the open class.