TRYING TO GET RID OF HIGH SPEED MISS!

Hey all,

I recently went through the jetting adventure with my bike and have pretty much got her howling along nicely. Very crisp and heaps of power everywhere....BUT!

When I ride along at highway speeds in top gear and at a constant low throttle opening, I get an annoying miss about every 2 seconds or so. I'm pretty sure its to do with the pilot air screw adjustment which I currently have set at 55 to go with my 35 pilot jet. Can someone tell me whether I need to adjust this little baby in or out to get rid of the miss.

thanks for any advice.

If you can get rid if the miss you will be a Thumpertalk hero! Everyone I know who has a WR or YZF has it and can't get rid of it. I think you're stuck with it. But if you do, please let us know what you did so we can follow your lead.

DOH!

I SUSPECTED AS MUCH. MY BIKE NEVER DID THIS WITH THE STOCK, RICH, PLUG FOULING, JETTING BUT NOW IT DOES IT ALL THE TIME. I DIDN'T NOTICE IT TOO MUCH WITH THE ELN NEEDLE BUT NOW THAT I'M RUNNING THE EMM IT SEEMS TO BE THERE A LOT MORE.

I THINK I'LL HAVE A PLAY WITH THE PAS AND SEE IF I CAN AT LEAST REDUCE IT A BIT. GETTING ANNOYING.

THANKS

I feel your pain! The 3D ignition together with bad quality gas can produce headaches. Try a fresh CR8E and experiment with a fuel conditioner.

Good luck.

Doh!,i just got hold of an adjutable pilot air screw to try and get the same problem sorted man,they say when you are on a light throttle such as you are,a miss fire is too large a pilot air jet,so it needs turned in!(a little less air)what this will do to the pilot is make it richer,so when you go to adjust the screw just give it a little tickle!the adjustable jet i`m told is ultra sensitive at small openings, so maybe just a little pressure on the screwdriver will do!

It's already a slow saturday, so I might as well stir up the pot... :D

If you want to get rid of the high speed miss, then sell your Blue bike and buy a Honda... then you will just "miss high speed"... :D

Flamesuit on... LOL

BTW, I have the same problem and connot offer you a solution at this point... :)

David