Sign in to follow this  

TTR125 bad clicking noise

My 125 is clicking real bad when under a pull. If going up a hill with rocks and ruts (usually in 1st or 2nd due to terrain) the bike will click really bad.. almost as if something cannot handle the stress anymore. I thought it could of been the front sprocket wore out, but I put on a brand new one with no difference.

It seems when the rear tire hits an obstacle and when I'm on the throttle at the same time... it will click and clack really bad.. Very loud and I can "feel" it in the bike.

The noise can be mimicked on a slight uphill by going from no gas-- to wicking the throttle causing the bike to "lurch" forward. Everytime it lurches it will have that harsh clanking sound.

Seems to be coming from the front sprocket, what else could it be?

I would check the swingarm bolt, linkage bolts, shock bolts, pipe, motor, anything that could be loose.

Also check hub, rear axle, spokes, etc.

I had a clacking and pulling whenever I gassed on a bike once that I borrowed....turned out someone didn't tighten the adjusters back up after they put a new tire on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback but it isn't any of those things :p

I can jump up and down on the bike while coasting down a rocky hill and the noise will not be there... only if the CHAIN is under a pull.

I honestly think its the counter shaft bearing. Has anyone had one of these go bad on their bike?

Boy, this is gonna suck. :thumbsup: probably a $300 job.

i sometimes get this clicking noise aswell, only in real bggy sand or when in a to higher gear if you are in way to higher gear i would think this noise is normal?

Could be in your clutch basket. Pull the cover and look around.

did you ever find out what was wrong with you ttr125 with the bad clicking mine is doing the same thing and i cant figure out what it is please let me know if you can help

you bent a countershaft, which in turn is clicking against your idler gear, and your driven gear.

You need to replace countershaft, idler gear and check the clutch basket driven gear for play and tooth damage.

Don't ask me how I know, ha ha

My sisters makes a clicking noise but only in 1st gear and I cant figure it out or even where its coming from?