Sign in to follow this  

shim stack

hey, was wondering if some1 could help me with my front shim stack on my 2007 yz250f. as i have gotten faster my forks seem to be bottoming more and i was wondering if any1 could give me advice on a good shim stack. i weigh 175 and am a b class rider and ride mx. i have the stock fork spring and shim stack.

hey, was wondering if some1 could help me with my front shim stack on my 2007 yz250f. as i have gotten faster my forks seem to be bottoming more and i was wondering if any1 could give me advice on a good shim stack. i weigh 175 and am a b class rider and ride mx. i have the stock fork spring and shim stack.

The fork springs are really soft that year for a 250F they are .43's, get the same rate as the 08's now come with .45's. Do that before the re-valve.

The fork springs are really soft that year for a 250F they are .43's, get the same rate as the 08's now come with .45's. Do that before the re-valve.

Plus if I remember right for this year they didn't have a BCV valve stack on the stem just open bleed.

doc

so u think i shoukld use .45 spring rate and not a .44? wut should i do to my valve stack should i use the 08 spec or a different set up. i plan on doing the free pistion mod and getting the phase4 kit. do u think this would help?

Plus if I remember right for this year they didn't have a BCV valve stack on the stem just open bleed.

doc

Yep no bleed shims that year.

You can try .44's and work with the oil level like Kevin suggested.

is there any way i could put a bcv valve stick in my forks

there is, but the benefits would be very small, oil level is the key to bottoming resistance, at your weight the stock stack is ample valving. good suspension should bottom lightly once a lap. have you tried just stiffening the clickers? also try turning in the reb a click or two. this closes the bleed slightly through the mid valve and helps with bottoming slightly. you should be around 6 on comp and 9 rebound on the stock stuff.

if you still bottom add 10cc at a time,but dont go mad or you'll struggle to get it in the corners:eek:

mark.

is there any way i could put a bcv valve stick in my forks

I get rave reviews with the setup I've been doing adding that along with other fixes and my new oil.

doc

He's asking for a compression adjuster bleed stack, some call it passive shims.