What did you do to your pig today?

Worth $700 all day to me anyway.

Today changed the oil, thought I'd give the Valvoline Synthetic 20/50 for motorcycles a go. It's hard finding many 20/50 oils at Walmart and the other big outlets these days, so at under $8 a quart I thought I'd try synthetic out for the first time in the XR. I certainly don't want to start an oil debate, but I did notice the full synthetic Valvoline had a very quick flow rate through the funnel for a 20/50 weight oil, so hopefully it will circulate quickly from cold, while having the benefits of the 50 weight at the high temperatures we'll be hitting here pretty soon.

Now I just want to ?

put the carb back on after the 4th time having it off and hunting for my idle problem over the last couple weeks. bad petcock, it was flaking away and settling in the pilot jet, ugh! New petcock on, starts and idles like a champ. new tires coming tomorrow, d606's and it's a dual sport ride on saturday am! can't wait!

Picked up a 01 xr650r bought baja light kit from TT of corse.doing the uncorking,but I cant get it to start?

2,200 FT

168s

170 main

2" hole saw on the tip

rubber elbow and plastic remover from air box

changed intake

pilot screw 2 turns new neele valve and float used clear tube to set float level

I'am adjusting valves now intake and ext were tight,hope thats it?

new plug

drained the fuel so its new

Idel screw I'am sure is out of adjustment,but I'am not sure were to start with it?

Picked up a 01 xr650r bought baja light kit from TT of corse.doing the uncorking,but I cant get it to start?

2,200 FT

168s

170 main

2" hole saw on the tip

rubber elbow and plastic remover from air box

changed intake

pilot screw 2 turns new neele valve and float used clear tube to set float level

I'am adjusting valves now intake and ext were tight,hope thats it?

new plug

drained the fuel so its new

Idel screw I'am sure is out of adjustment,but I'am not sure were to start with it?

assuming you know the "starting" tricks to the XR 650. If it was sitting for a long time you will want to check the pilot valve, as any sedament will settle there from the tank. I'd turn the idle counterclockwise quite a ways. clear it out with the compression release, tdc and let her go.

assuming you know the "starting" tricks to the XR 650. If it was sitting for a long time you will want to check the pilot valve, as any sedament will settle there from the tank. I'd turn the idle counterclockwise quite a ways. clear it out with the compression release, tdc and let her go.

Thank you sir!! Brakes over back to the shop.?

the starting drill

push kicker untill its hard,touch compression release,maby 1/4" more,bring kicker back to top,kick it like you mean it?

My xl dosent have near the compression of the 650r

Opps now its backfiring out of the ext,better check the valves again?

Maby got one to tight?

My horrible tail light finally broke (completely) but i wasn't looking to drop $50 on a new one. Met up with a friend and he happened to have a scraped CBR? light laying around, it was LED too!!!

CENbrkentail.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

SANY0026.jpg

Got my new helmet today as well. The AFX FX-39, i love it ?

What did I do with my BRP today?

I rode it home 30 miles through rush hour traffic with a failing clutch cable. I only touched the clutch when I had to stop for traffic lights, plus at one stop sign. When I got home there were three or four strands still connected. Good thing that I already have a replacement cable for it. Two months ago where were no frayed wires at all in that cable.

Oil change, adjusted and lubed chain and checked fluids in all 3 of the master cylinders ( front brake, back brake and Hyd clutch) and took her out for a 100+ mile ride while there was a break in the rain

what's the story on the Hyd clutch? where did you get the parts for that setup?

what's the story on the Hyd clutch? where did you get the parts for that setup?

picked it up off of ebay, it was for a 400 quad, just made a bracket so it would fit the L, not as easy of a pull as a new cable but i have heavy clutch springs, it is better than an old cable (even after the old one has been lubed) and it never changes and never needs lubed or adjusted, there are pics on my post about "pics of my rebuild in the spring of 09" it has been on my bike for 2+ years now and fluid level was still good so all i do is ?:prof:??

I made and installed brake pedal and shifter tethers, a.k.a. brake snakes.

$3.26 + tax to make them both.

After a slide-out on a downhill turn pulled my brake pedal out about 4", I'm hoping this better-late-than-never mod will help in the future.

07 XR650L, has 1300miles,

Adjusted the Valves, made sure engine was at TDC, adjusted, reassembled, tick,tick tick, ***??

checked the service Manuel TDC "on COMPRESSION STROKE!!!"

readjusted valves, No more tick, tick, tick.

rookie error and reading is fundamental

Also replaced the headlight, low beam burned out

Edited by 103m 95g

picked it up off of ebay, it was for a 400 quad, just made a bracket so it would fit the L, not as easy of a pull as a new cable but i have heavy clutch springs, it is better than an old cable (even after the old one has been lubed) and it never changes and never needs lubed or adjusted, there are pics on my post about "pics of my rebuild in the spring of 09" it has been on my bike for 2+ years now and fluid level was still good so all i do is ?:prof:??

Thanks! search was my friend.?