250F pipe to a 450

The weldings of my 450 oem silencer broke even though nothing hit it ? and I have a titanium slip-on from Akrapovic left from last year when I rode the tiddler. The model range is huge including "250/400/450/505/525/530 SX/SX-F/SMR/XC/XC-F/XCR-W/EXC/EXC-R" and atleast I think the 450 puts out a lot more power for the pipe to handle, not to mention the 500´s ? . My question is will this silencer silence enough? I'm sure it won't pass the FIM limits without enduro-plug, since last year it was close without the plug on a 250F and the limits have lowered since.

And why does Akrapovic have different headers and evolution-line exhausts for 250 and 450 if the slip-on fits on both? Shouldn't they be the same ?

I'll put the slip-on on for the time the oem silencer is put back to one piece. Atleast that way I get to ride ? Hey, maybe if the Akrapovic is quiet enough I won't put the oem back after all :worthy:

Headers and full systems will differ between models when the slip on doesn't because the header mounting flange on the cylinder head is different between the two models. I am also willing to bet that the overall header length is also different.

The stock mufflers are the same. The headers are different but finish in the same place and at the same diameter. That means a Akopivic slip on off a 250 will fit a 450 505 etc.

The only other one that does that is the FMF with the joiner pipe off the 06 version

The weldings of my 450 oem silencer broke even though nothing hit it :

That is a direct Warranty issue. KTM has replaced countless Mufflers due to bad welding by the brackets. Without cost,of course. They should do the same in U.S.

That is a direct Warranty issue. KTM has replaced countless Mufflers due to bad welding by the brackets. Without cost,of course. They should do the same in U.S.

Yeah, they did replace it under warranty. But that akrapovic slip-on feels so much better I'm not gonna change back ?

• 3 weeks later...

Will a slip on actually show a noticeable performance gain with the 450s? If so i will look into one. I could use a tad more bottom end response, basically want to free up the motor a bit but i cannot justify the cost of the AKRO pipe at about $1000 and the FMF at $800, there are so many other things i would do with the bike first before i spend that on an exhaust.

Will a slip on actually show a noticeable performance gain with the 450s? If so i will look into one. I could use a tad more bottom end response, basically want to free up the motor a bit but i cannot justify the cost of the AKRO pipe at about $1000 and the FMF at $800, there are so many other things i would do with the bike first before i spend that on an exhaust.

Noticeable, I wouldn't count too much on that. Yeah it gives a bit more grunt to the bottom and you can rev it way higher, but IMO it's not worth the money. The performance gain is quite small and it doesn't make you that much faster. It's better than the oem, but in my Low Budget Racing Team spare parts, tires and gas are more important.

I had a problem that the clutch overheated with the Slip On. Heard that KTM has had problems with the oil flow in the clutch which caused the problems. Now I had to drill few holes to make it all good. So it really wasn't caused by the Slip On, that just didn't happen before I installed it.