Sign in to follow this  

Lots of fun at Prairie City!

The whole AA,A,B and C thing comes from enduro racing. Now I've never done an enduro, so feel free to correct me. The beginner class is C. At a race the C riders usually go over an easier course. The difference between A and B is more of a speed thing than a difficulty thing. The A guys usually get over the obstacles cleanly while the B guys may not. The A riders are also very fast. AA riders are the pros who are racing for a cash and perhaps a living.

Good write. The only correction I could make would be that generally the "C" class rides the same course as the "A"s and "B"s. In very few events the organizing club will make a short re-route for "C"s and Super-Seniors.

Enduro classifications are a good gauge in relating to trail riding because enduro events take place on the same type terrain you all are discussing, whereas hare scrambles and MX do not. Hare scrambles tend to have about a 15 mile course on faster terrrain, such as two-track.

In D36 AA represents the top five in the championship from the prior year. AMA sanctioned off-road events are considered "amateur" events, so this technically means there is not a "Pro" class in off-road racing.

Good write. The only correction I could make would be that generally the "C" class rides the same course as the "A"s and "B"s. In very few events the organizing club will make a short re-route for "C"s and Super-Seniors.

Appropriate I suppose since this is the california forum, and most of the cali enduros are very limited in what trails they can use, but outside of california, every enduro I have done has had separate splits for A's, and often for B's as well.

Me thinks yzwiley would fit right in at the Team side of TT.:thumbsup:

That looks really familiar. Do these switchbacks look familiar? (super secret edited version):

July4Switchbacks.jpg

If that was you guys I ran into, going back the way you came in took balls. Even if others knew what this trail was really like, I doubt they would have the guts to ride it! P.S. I found my buddy but not after a really rough ride complete with bent handguards and butt pucker repeatedly.

If that was you guys I ran into, going back the way you came in took balls. Even if others knew what this trail was really like, I doubt they would have the guts to ride it!

I take my girlfriend on trails like that. As long as it doesn't get super dry and loose, she likes it.

:thumbsup: fly,

Give us 1 clue. Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm pretty sure I know where that topo is from. He may have blacked out the labels, but if you look closely there are several clues.

I'm pretty sure I know where that topo is from. He may have blacked out the labels, but if you look closely there are several clues.

Give us a clue to the clue. I'm not seeing it. Other than maybe its TNF

After looking very closely with a magnifying glass, I was able to browse right to that spot. :thumbsup:

:p Look in your PMs, he sent you the same map (expanded view) in a message earlier today ( I know because I was copied on the same message). :thumbsup:

.....And last but not least, Slyko is the best writer on this board. The dude can take it and dish it out pretty well. IMO, this board would SUCK without him.

was a time long ago before being married and taking on the new sport of sea kayaking, that I was a dirt biker.....now the torch has past to the new generation of TT BS'ers. I go the way of DomenicWTF and the TT ghosts of yesteryear..........but the thought of Slyko being herald as the new king? well I suppose he'll get what's coming to him...we all get what's coming to us.

Half my Kingdom for a horse- William Shakespeare, Richard II, circa 1690

cheap average green cats eye marbles anyways, you can have em.

SeqouiaDRZ helped put on the Quicksilver. Told me C riders were looking to fight, after some events. Probably the good events. Its all relative!

You may take a group there on Saturday, July 12, 2008. But you will not be riding...The trails are legally closed for the Downieville Mountain Bike races on Saturday and Sunday. Lavazolla road closed. Chimney Rock trail closed due to snow.

That was nice. Coulda let em find out the hard way. Somebody might want to tell Crackerbox. Or not!

You guys, all the action happens when Im at work! I guess Ill go hang w wife. She misses me!:thumbsup:

After looking very closely with a magnifying glass, I was able to browse right to that spot. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but a magician or is that a spy, never reveals his methods. Besides I don't want to out the "secret" spot. Don't want to piss anyone off more than necessary.