My brothers I have seen the light!

As you may have read from a previous post I had my fully modded DRZ stolen recently. I replaced it with an 03' RM250. After my first ride I can tell you there is no comparison. I thought my DRZ was fast. The new RM would melt my old DRZ in a heartbeat. It feels like I'm being shot out of a cannon!Believe it! The suspension is excellent, the bike is light and turns on a dime. Although I'm not happy at having my DRZ stolen I can tell you that some good has come of it! I highly recommend you guys give the new RM a try. You too will believe.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The riding I am doing is no different than when I had my DRZ, trails, some fire roads and hills, even some areas with alot of sand. I honestly enjoy the RM much more. No more valves, cams or oil filters. Just a little premix and you're ready to go. Modern 2 smokes can get 75-100 hrs out of a top end if you maintain them properly. Seriously though, if you guys haven't ridden a modern 2 stroke I suggest you give it a try. they are cheap too. I got my RM for $4200 in the box.

I dont think I would ever buy a 2 stroke, they are so limited in the legal riding areas,

esp. in California. Some OHV areas only allow them 2 months out of the year...

Im not saying they dont haul ass, but you will never get a plate on one legally...

I forsee a ban on them in the next 5-10 years, perhaps only in California.

I own a 2K2 DRZ and a 2K RM125. There is indeed no comparison. Even a 125 pulls harder. Power/weight ratio is higher for the RM, so ... But for trails I prefer the DRZ, RM and mud are not the best friends. But it's so much fun having so little weight between your legs :-)))

Glad you're happy man, that's cool. I got a YZ250 for MX racing, and it is way fast in terms of power and torque, all that jazz. But the DRZ is better in tight woods stuff, where there's slippery rocks and roots.

Guess I just gotta have two bikes, one for each purpose. If I could only talk my wife into letting me have two girlfriends too.

KawiDual,

Amazingly enough, my roommate has a 2000 KTM EX/C 300, and it is a two-stroke with a plate! Everywhere here in Washington State that you can ride, he has access to. Even the streets. It is strange to see his two-smoke on the road (and I also see a diminishing need for them) but his gets to go to many places.

FYI

Brandon

Thats right! Now I can start riding on Saturdays now that my Canes' have finished up the season. Although I love to ride, I wouldn't trade being in that Orange Bowl with 80,000 people on gameday for any type if riding. Nothing like it. Not this Saturday though! I will be watching Willis McGahee bring home the Heisman! Guy is a freak! He runs a 4.28 and benches 450 with a 43 inch vertical. The irony is that had Clinton Portis not bolted for the NFL and Frank Gore not torn an ACL Willis would have been 3rd string. It speaks volumes for the kind of talent there is at UM when your 3rd string tailback turns out to be the best in the country! anyway, the RM is great. buy one.

Have fun on the smoker. ๐Ÿ™‚.

There is no way that you can compare a two stroke with a four stroke. These are totally different machines, mainly in the weight and the way the power is delivered.

I have both, a 2000 DRZ-S and a 1998 KTM 250M and I love them both. For me, it really depends on what mood I'm in.

Recently I've been in the 4 stroke mood.

As far as maintenance goes, my feelings are that the four stroke, is definately less maintance for me.

Ride hard---W.F.O. :D