First Ride on Blackfoot 02 CRF450

Well I finally got the bike and was able to ride it this past weekend in Rockford IL in arenacross. All I can is WOW! This thing has so much power, and hookup. And the braking brakes work great, stop on a dime! The TMR suspension was wonderful also!

Practice was the first time I rode the bike. It went ok, hit the whoops fast and hard but the suspension took it all. I am not a big fan of the whoops but I actually liked them on this bike and its setup. Held here in 2nd gear and pegged it! HellI used 2nd for the entire ride. Only bad thing I found out is I can't ride this thing like a 2 stroke! I ended up stalling her coming out of a turn, got to figure this starting thing out. Had to put her in netural to get it running again. The race went better, was in forth but yepper, stalled her in another turn, and went to dead last!!! oh well it was fun, I think this bike will be sweet out doors, tight indoors not so sure!

Any tips for starting when you stall it in a race is welcome! cold starting and netural starting is fine but its that starting in a race in gear that got me! Not like the 99 cr250.

Spring needed now!!!!!

It is faster to shift it into 3rd or 4th than to try to find neutral and kick. 2nd if extremely difficult to start in. Sometimes if the bike pops when it stalls, it will take you longer also. I haven't figured out anything for that yet. Your stalling is not unique. Within a few rides you will figure out your new riding style and then it will really be a mute issue.

I always find neutral for starting, then it will always start on first or second kick. Keep your hand off of the gas, and use the hot star lever. I know some people who don't use the hot start lever. And yes, turning up the idle speed will probably eliminate the stalling in corners, it did for me anyway. Also, make sure your clutch is properly adjsuted, this could also affect stalling.

CRgates ,you will find that when you get to the bigger tracks the bike will shine. to ride it in arenacross is not what it's best at,though you can do ok with that. The bigger outdoor tracks is where you will absolutely love this thing. The smaller the track, the less the beast can stretch it's legs and use it's power. Kind of like a bull in a joy john.

You need to fine tune your technique in the corners that's all. It helps to drag the clutch just a little at entry until your ready to drop the hammer all the while keeping the motor percolating just a little, then roll into it quickly while easing out the clutch. It helps to do everything as smooth and controlled as possible. as far as indoor goes you will be pleasantly suprised once you get used to it. The beauty of these 450's (red and blue) is there broad flexible power and hookup.