Flywheel?

Hello. I asked my dad if i could lightin the flywheel on my CRF150 but he was kind of worried. He want's to know if taking 1/2lb off the flywheel will put the crank off balance because he thinks its in engine and crank is in balance from the factory with the stock flywheel weight. Is this true? Also will shaving 1/2lb off efect the reliability and void the warrenty? Thank you for all the help.

What type of riding conditions, hop ups, type of tracks or trails and your own personal ability should all be taken into consideration before you lighten your fly wheel. If you can give me the answers to all those questions I can give you better feedback on if this mod is worth your time or help you to find a better alternative.

later

:DAtom RoTTeN

The riding conditions that I ride are trails. Most of them are pretty wide open, not tight stuff. I've been riding for about 8 years or more so I'm pretty confedante with my riding skills. I am going to be doing some racing for 2003. Right now I'm ussaully all iced out or snowed out. The mods I've done to my CRF150 inclued exhaust baffle taken out, air restrictor taken out, raised needle (one clip for now), and richened the pilot screw about 2 turns. For Christmas I think I'm getting a BBR Air Filter and bigger main jets to experiment with. Doe's this help at all? Also I just got off riding a KX80 so I'm used to the snap and would kind of like it back. I never raced that and i was happy with it in the trails being wide open and all. Thanks for all the information.

If I were starting out with some mods on my bike I would start with getting it to flow better. Better flowing air box meaning air filter (BBr) one is great and an exhuast. I looked FMF and they have a great unit Power Core 1V with header for 249.00. It is a fully tuneable unit that is spark arrested so no big fines when you running in the woods or trails. I have used FMF units on big 4 strokes and the diffrence from stock was always a big step up. Once your bike is breathing more you will find more snap off the bottom and still keep your top end. Getting the bike to breath should always be the starting platform to hopping up your bike. Pulling out the restrictor helps in some cases but never is being close to as good as a performance exhuast from a reputable dealer. I would go this route before you drop weight off your fly wheel.

Later Atom RoTTeN

Thanks for all the info. That's kinda funny because I just looked at FMF to see if they had one for the CRF150 out yet. Just my luck they did! 🙂 I'm sure people like Rocky Mountain will be selling them for sell soon, so I'll probable get one then. Also I gotta get some money so like next spring when i sell my KX.

I was also thinking about cutting the top of the air box off. I,d be alot easier to clean the air filter and more airflow! For an alterative if my dad doesn't let me cut the top of then I'll get those UNI filter plugs and put all kinds of those in. Again thanx for the help