Will yamaha ever ......

I agree, a WR300F would be the perfect weapon. Remember not everyone races these bikes. I suspect the majority of owners rarely if at all ride competition. But just love going for a ride, be it fire trails or motorcross tracks. For the average rider the WR450F is really to much of a hand full, if your realistic about it. Many riders will probably be faster on a WR250-300F. In Australia the WR-F series bikes are registerable. In the state of NSW, rego is much cheaper for a 300cc or less. A WR300F would sell like hot cakes there, guaranteed.

Come on Yamaha, listen to your customers.

Yesterday I traded off my KLX 300 to a friend for a ride on his 01 WRF. He said I wish I had your motor in my frame. The bottom end it a lot better on mine. If the trail market were big enough we might see a 300 class. Better chance of it now. They just stretched all sizes from 400 to 450, making it a huge jump from a 250.

I think this is a really good point. A fourstroke 300 is much like a KTM 200 to me. There are a ton of people out there that are into riding, but not racing. I think that putting more emphasis on "the perfect bike" should be a consideration as opposed to staying "within the box" and making sure it fits a racing class.

The 350 might be the way to go. A wr 350 would be right between the 250 and 450. WHile we are at it make it a green sticker for california and/or make it a sleek dual sport with easily removable light weight crap like a drz 400 on steroids. Is anyone at yamaha listening?

Yesterday I traded off my KLX 300 to a friend for a ride on his 01 WRF. He said I wish I had your motor in my frame. The bottom end it a lot better on mine.

A friend of mine has a KLX 300 with a yosh pipe on it. He has ridden my new 2003 YZ250F. He's in the market for a 250F now! He can't believe how sweet the engine is on it. He doesn't think there's anything he can do to make up the difference. BTW he weighs about 235-240 lbs. so he's no lightweight.