largest size xr50 carb,stock engine??

I'd probably just go with that 18mm you have. Anything bigger on a stock engine will kill it down low. Get an XR70 intake and get everything matched up when you do your porting,(saw your other post). Dont know if I'd shave the head first off, It may limit your options later if you want to run a high compression piston or a hi-lift cam. Get everything together first, then see if you're gonna have the room to take any off. 50s do have a small combustion chamber to begin with. Good Luck! 🙂

Personally I wouldn't use anything bigger on a 50cc bore. Just floods it out and hampers performance. I would even drop down to the xr70 carb. but im sure that 18mm jetted down alittle will work well too. Most guys run 18mm or 20mm with 88cc displacement. big valve heads you can go up to a 24mm if you know how to set it up.

Later

Atom RoTTeN

If you are looking to put a few more ponies into your XR50 motor, change the barrel.. Go get a 88cc big bore kit and a CDI rev booster. Most kits are around $270.00 American w/ the CDI box costing another $70.00. You can get away with that 18mm carb but I like a 20mm Jetted w/#80 jet and the pilot hogged out a bit. A Nice Pipe helps too!

LuvItSiK50

Raising the BAR on XR50 Style and Performance!

What you asked was what was the largest carb for a "Stock" 50 you did not ask about mods from anyone right? Thought so.. anyway a 17mm is as big as we go on 50cc you can as Adam stated go a little bigger but too much fuel is not what you need leave that klx carb for another kit and get the 70 carb kit (17mm) most companies supply. Please email if you have any ?'s @ info@fast50s.com

I have a 98 z50 and the only mods it has is pipe and a 20mm carb and the thing ripes on bottom. Get a vm 20mm carb and a manifold for the 18mm carb and all you have to do is match them up. i got mine from masher racing and didnt even have to rejet wen i got it. their # is 812 346 8620