Gold Valves and Springs

I sent my forks and rear shock to Works Enduro Rider in NJ. They dialed the suspension to my riding criteria and weight with new "WP" valves and springs.

Their name says it ..."Works". The bike handles like a factory works bike. Best money I ever invested in the bike.

• Experts

.46 fork springs ?????????? Are you guys nutz ?

I don't care if you do weigh 200 + you don't need .46 springs unless you are running SX .

I go with WER .42 springs and lighter valving. I use stock rear spring set at 105mm. This is very important. You go with too heavy a spring and the bike will feel unbalanced and heavy. You want the bike to float over the terrain. Why would you need .46 springs ??????????. If I can set up an XR600 with stock springs to be perfect for a 250lb. rider why go stiffer. The XR400 is a tad light on the fork spring. You can dial it in with stock springs with increased oil level but the .42 works better in keeping the front from diving. WER is good at setting up suspension for real woods riding. Much better than anyone else I know that does it for a living. Gold Valves are good just don't go too heavy on the springs.

Cher'o,

Dwight

2002 SERA SrA Class Champ. 12th OA

Find a local tuner as recommended in Texas by other TT'ers and give him the basics for weight and application. Some of them are good enough to modify a shock without racetech components. The advantage is they should be accessible enough for you to take the bike back and get changed if necessary. 🙂