2000 XR 400 Carb Assembly Questions

Boiled out my carb in cleaner today and found a couple of unfamiliar parts in the bottom of the tray.

One was a small flat brass washer which I think fell out of the Pilot Jet Screw. I now have the jet screw, spring, small brass washer and a small O-ring. Sound right?

The other part was an O-ring with one square and one rounded edge the size of the top of the Needle Jet Holder which is where I assumed it fell out of. It would be hard to see it in there so I think the carb cleaner softened it enough to drop out. Is this where it goes? If so, how tight should the Needle Jet Holder be against this O-ring as there is no washer?

There is no o-ring or washer on the Pilot Jet. Correct?

There is a indentation on the carb body and the cover plate of Air Cut Valve which didn't have anything in it. Seems made to seal this passage so I put a small o-ring there. Should this be there or a washer or nothing?

Thanks

>There is a indentation on the carb body and the cover plate of Air Cut Valve which didn't have anything in it. Seems made to seal this passage so I put a small o-ring there. Should this be there or a washer or nothing?<

The o-ring that has 1 flat side and 1 round side goes there with it's flat side against the carb body.

>There is no o-ring or washer on the Pilot Jet. Correct?<

Correct.

>One was a small flat brass washer which I think fell out of the Pilot Jet Screw. I now have the jet screw, spring, small brass washer and a small O-ring. Sound right? <

Correct and they are installed with the o-ring being first, then the washer.

My manual shows no o-ring that's part of the jet holder assembly. So you're coming up with an extra o-ring that shouldn't be there, perhaps you added one(the one you put under the air cut off cover that should be the one with the flat side instead).

>Any idea what is above the Needle Jet Holder in the below picture?<

http://216.37.204.202/Honda_OEM/HondaDB.asp?Type=13&A=111&B=13

My manual and the link above describes it as the Jet Needle Set. It acts as a guide for the needle as well as providing a bore for the needle taper to measure the flow of fuel thru. If that air cut off o-ring doesn't seem to fit, I guess it's possible it swelled due to being boiled. Might try freezing it first before install or order a new one.