Why do Pros move their right leg off the peg when jumping?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are crazy, sometimes riders will take their foot of and wedge it under the number plate and lift the ass end up. Most of the time they do it to get comfortable, when they are on the front on the bike they will take it off cause its way more comfortable.

You guys are crazy, sometimes riders will take their foot of and wedge it under the number plate and lift the ass end up. Most of the time they do it to get comfortable, when they are on the front on the bike they will take it off cause its way more comfortable.

exactly... when I'm up over the front of the bike in air, my feet aren't on the pegs. I also use my feet to make minor corrections. Sometimes if the bike is swapping in air I'll bring it back with my feet by the side panels.

100_3004.jpg

100_2996.jpg

exactly... when I'm up over the front of the bike in air, my feet aren't on the pegs. I also use my feet to make minor corrections. Sometimes if the bike is swapping in air I'll bring it back with my feet by the side panels.

100_3004.jpg

100_2996.jpg

Yea, those guys are talking like its some kind of science or something.

I'm not sure, but I don't think any of this is what he is talking about. I haven't really seen it lately, until Lakewood, I saw guys doing it. It is really prevalent in SX, though. They kick their foot ( I have seen it on both sides) really hard towards the front of the bike. I'm sure it is to counterbalance their weight and the weight of the bike as stated earlier. It isn't a simple lift your foot motion, it's like they are throwing a kick at the front of their bike, and it is something I just started noticing in the last couple of years. Don't really know who started it, but when you see it, it looks wierd, but I'm sure it is done for a reason.

I'm not sure, but I don't think any of this is what he is talking about. I haven't really seen it lately, until Lakewood, I saw guys doing it. It is really prevalent in SX, though. They kick their foot ( I have seen it on both sides) really hard towards the front of the bike. I'm sure it is to counterbalance their weight and the weight of the bike as stated earlier. It isn't a simple lift your foot motion, it's like they are throwing a kick at the front of their bike, and it is something I just started noticing in the last couple of years. Don't really know who started it, but when you see it, it looks wierd, but I'm sure it is done for a reason.

I do that when I seat bounce with my foot off the peg going on the face of the jump. Once in the air I kick it forward, when I do that it makes it easier to stand back up.

i think to weight the front tire becasue theres a turn directly after the jump

probably why u see it in sx more

just a guess though:excuseme:

I have noticed some riders on a tight jump right into a turn are already sitting with their leg in the extended position getting ready for the turn before the wheels are even on the ground.

thats what i ws trying to say.. he explained it a little better lol

I do that when I seat bounce with my foot off the peg going on the face of the jump. Once in the air I kick it forward, when I do that it makes it easier to stand back up.

hmm I never thought of that. Usually when I'm seat bouncing though, I'm squeezing hard with my knees haha. Both feet are firmly on the pegs. I've had a few bad misshaps when I first started seat bouncing lol ?