Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a Honda Reflex need lighting!

Hey friends,

I was cruising to work on Thursday and I spotted a 1986 Honda reflex TLR 200 for sale on the side of the highway. I pulled a quick u-turn and low and behold it was all original, minus the turn signals and tail light assembly. Selling price $300.00, it started on the second kick and ran great so I bought it!

I would love to register this thing and put it on the road, but I need the tail light and turn signal assemblies. Does anyone here have a box of Honda reflex lighting sitting around in the corner of their shop they want to sell? I'm also open to any recommendations for inexpensive aftermarket options too.

I've always wanted one of these little Honda for tooling around on fire roads and for dropping off-road into an occasional dry creek bed or single track ride.

If you have some reflex lighting to sell, drop me a message.

Heli

i have one there sweet,dont have the lights,mine is set up euro style fiberglass tank seat etc,go to b&j racing.com.

Taillight units are hard to find. Keep an eye out on ebay. There was one that came up for sale about a month ago. I don't think an aftermarket will work very well with the curved fender, plus the stock unit has the license plate mount on it which holds it up straight.

Signals are no big deal. Aftermarkets can be fitted without too much trouble, and you could easily put on an aftermarket switch with thermal flasher. If you want to downsize to LED signals, use an electronic flasher.

These things aren't the greatest on-road bike, so don't feel like you're missing out in the meantime.

Hello:

I re-worked my completely stock 87 reflex over the winter to be the original trials bike. ( as originally intended anway )

Removed all the stock components all lights, gauges, switches, wire harness tank, seat, fenders, shocks, ect. I am storing them in the event I sell it some day I can have it 100% original.

I installed a UFO headlight and a enduro tail light from Kevins Racing Products that has running/brake light and is DOT. Also made a small license plate bracket that mounts with the tail light.

It's barley street legal but gets by the cops if your not doing anything bad !!

As usual I can't insert a photo but see my profile.

DF-

I've got some old parts for the TLR lying around - a gas tank, partially stripped of paint,but straight and soild, a head light cowl in european red, as well as the rubber strip and light mount for the tail light. May even have some other stuff. Just moved and still unpacking. Let me know if I can help.