Cv carb Problems

Well heres how it goes.

the bike runs fine when im on the street, every pop now and then for too much gas. changed the spark plugg about 300 miles ago. Whenever i head for a jump. at the incline(i always twist right before) it bucks, almost stalls, spits raw gas out the silencer and leaves me crashing on my front forks, on hillclimbs if the Rs are low it bucks like hell, where it should catch(over 8mph). Any ideas? ive done spark plug and my air filter, I was told that the emulsion tubes might be dirty or that float isn't hung right. could there be anything wrong with my igniotion(no shed, its in my backyard)

The sidestand bounces VERY easily. Every time it bounces (even just a bit), the motor cuts out, and then comes back on when the side stand bounces back up. If you still have the "safety" switch in place, remove it (This is a very common mod). Just unbolt the switch from the frame, trace the wires up under the seat, snip the wires, and twist/solder them together. Done. The bouncy sidestand and can feel just like a carb problem (bucking bronco), so I'd start there.

The clutch interlock is even easier. Remove the FRAGILE switch from inside the clutch lever, trace it to the bundle of wires behind the headlight, find the connector, unplug the switch, and plug the two loose ends (that remain on the bike) together. Throw away the switch. Both of these jobs are easy, and only take minutes to do.

Those interlocks are evil because they are small, fragile, and when they fail (and they WILL fail!) you'll be stuck at the side of the trail checking you fuel, plug, etc....

But be aware you need to be aware of a couple safety issues. After the interlocks have been removed,:

-If the bike is in gear, and the clutch disengaged, the starter WILL turn! So, the bike can lurch forward.

-The bike can now be ridden with the sidestand down. This can be dangerous, and you might fall.

Howdy Toms,

Just wanted to say thank you for the great post describing in easy to read detail how to deactivate the clutch and kick stand safety switch's. I have been wanting to do this but am scared to death of anything electrical. Your post made this an easy job to accomplish. Does this mean I have to add this to my signature??? 🙂 Thanks again.