Sign in to follow this  

Touring Europe, which bike?

Hi all!

Im heading across europe for a four month trek with my brother at the start of september. At the moment my only pride and joy is my VFR 400 (NC30) but obviously the wont be up to the job of carrying all my luggage! :thumbsup:

I was wondering which enduro bike anyone would recommened for this trip? Most of the journey will be road but would like the opportunity to go off road when the notion takes ( i here theres great spots in spain!!):thumbsup: Have looked at the dominator and suzi DR, but my problem is im only 5 4", hence the vfr ( low seat :thumbsup: ) Is there any other machines out there up for the job with a lower seat height besides the BMW f650?? (expensive!!) I should probably say that I had several motocross when I was younger, so I have off road experience :thumbsup:

klr 250/650

Xr 250, 400, 650. XL 650.

Ktm 525/625/690

Husqvarna 610

those are the ones i can think of. you can get a lowering kit if the seat height is too high.

One bike I'd seriously consider is the new Yamaha Tenere. The off-road part is always going to be a compromise...no problem on an enduro but you're going to have to consider the road miles. Long road stints on an enduro is a pain...literally:ride:

Thanks for the input guys.

Is long distance on an enduro a pain as in stressing the bike out, or just a pain in the arse, literally?

Well an enduro motor is quite stressed anyway and would be a nightmare to sit on for a 100 Tarmac miles...well mine would. Def go Transalp, Tenere route etc. You'd end up doing valve shim checks halfway thru France on an enduro and trying to get circulation back into ass:ride: