IMPortant warranty problem (getting burned!?)

My dealer here in Hawaii is refusing to replace my dash (2008 SM450R) under warranty.

They said that they've contacted Husky, and Husky won't get back to them, and whatever the details are, my dealer says they cannot get parts under warranty until firther notice, and "there's nothing they can do" - BUT they still insist I come in, and PAY for my 600km service in order to keep my warranty in effect!

They also say that ALL dealers are having the same problem because of the change in ownership of Husky - meaning dealers on the mainland - there's only one here in Hawaii.

I spoke with the shop owner after I spoke with the service writer, who is my friend and I'm sure is not lying to me.

Can anyone verify FIRST HAND that you are/are not able to get parts under waranty (it would have to be a very recent experience).

Can anyone give me the phone number / person to call at Husky USA to speak about this?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Call one of these three dealers in CA to see if they can answer your question.

GP Motorcycles in San Diego, Uptite in Santa Ana, or Motoxotica. Their phone #'s are in the list below, but it IS SUNDAY, so some might be out playing.

The new warehouse is supposed to be going VERY SOON,...a post on this is a sticky on the top.

http://www.100autoguide.com/na/usa/motorcycles/dealers/husqvarna/california.htm

They replaced mine under warranty.

Dealer pays for new one and you sign there warranty form which they then send in and get reinburst for.

Well thats how it seems to work here in OZ.

Maybe your dealer is not on respected terms with Husky.

I also have a TE from Doms and my computer went out early in its life. I actually chose not to replace stock computer as I heard they were consistantly failing. In such I went with the trail tech Vapor which is a superior system, especially since it has the inline temp sender. Consider this option if all else fails. It was a direct plug in as well, Matt assisted me with the purchase. good luck....

I know first hand that they are telling the truth, I have a good friend who is the parts manager of my local Husky shop and he has had all of his orders for husky parts back ordered during this change in ownership. They may not have the part in stock, and they cant order yet. It will take some time but I am sure Husky will make good on it.?

I know first hand that they are telling the truth, I have a good friend who is the parts manager of my local Husky shop and he has had all of his orders for husky parts back ordered during this change in ownership. They may not have the part in stock, and they cant order yet. It will take some time but I am sure Husky will make good on it.?

This is true - parts are on backorder, HOWEVER, my dealer has been able to contact Husky and get warranty work approved. They just can't get the parts in order to do the work.

Sooo, that means your dealer should be able to do the same - submit the warranty claim to Husky and get it approved. They just won't be able to replace your dash for lack of parts. but at least you'll know that once the parts are available, they will be comitted to doing it.

This is for my 08 Te610 from NO Colorado BMW/Ducati (my local dealer).

I also have a TE from Doms and my computer went out early in its life. I actually chose not to replace stock computer as I heard they were consistantly failing. In such I went with the trail tech Vapor which is a superior system, especially since it has the inline temp sender. Consider this option if all else fails. It was a direct plug in as well, Matt assisted me with the purchase. good luck....

hi - does it plug into the stock harness/connector? What is "Doms" ?

thanks guys - you know more than my dealer!

I need a dash, new rear brake line, installation (MELTED, not chafed), the bolts for both rear plastics (the nice aluminum ones w/big flange) are comepletely stripped (delivered that way) and the left front plastic radiator shroud tab is ripped and will break soon. Also I can't get the right rear panel to sit flush where it meets the tank and my pants gets caught on it - I can't even adjust it because the bolts are stripped.

At least these are little problems - but I bought a new bike for a reason!