Compression braking and durability

Hello all. I'm hoping for a little objective feedback re: the CRF450 vs the YZ450F.

How much compression braking does the YZ-F have relative to the CRF450? How about relative to the YZ426F? I'm looking to convert from 2-strokes and, well, you know the issue there.

Secondly, I am 6'2" and 215lbs... but an expert racer/rider. My instincts say the CRF frame would be stronger and make the Honda more durable FOR ME, but I also have the general impression that the YZ-F motor requires less overall maintenance than the CRF motor and that the YZ-F has more "cockpit room" than the CRF. Anyone have any $0.02 on this?

Thanks!

mxpro738

CRF: You will need low pegs and a tall seat.

YZF: You will need a flywheel weight.

Everthing else is damn near equal. You would be happy with either one. The CRF is very reliable, the valve problems you read about, while real are not very common. Remember the YZ broke rods in the first year, and the YZ450 has some clutch and frame problems. Try riding them both, I have and still like the CRF better (and not because I own one). They are both awesome bikes and it is personal preference and dealer support that should sway you. I'm 6'3" 195 42 yr old int MX only racer. I came off the YZ 250 this year, I didn't have to adapt or change a thing to go fast on the CRF. The engine braking is not an issue on the CRF.

Chances are you will prefer the CRF. Anyone who has ridden mine says it feels more like a 2 stroke than a YZF. Both bikes are great, CRFs require as much maintenance as any other bike. I maintain mine like my old XR: keep if full of oil and feed it gas. well over 300hrs and no problems