drz400e wheelie

Getting it off the ground is no problem at all..it is keeping it on the balancing point is what takes the skill.

I chop the throttle before i get in that sweet spot. THen again I have good reason to. In all these years of riding i have flipped a few over the back more then a few times than I want to admit. Looped a KLR 600 in front of a pack of cars on a 6 lane street that was scary. Did a "Hey watch this" for my girlfriends parents and busted a taillight wheelinging my Honda 6 cyl CBX I saved it though, (and they let her marry me!) and dropped a borrowed GPz 750 when a car pulled out in front of me. I lived through a lot of years street riding and try to keep in in the dirt now. I just wish I could get better at holding it in the zone.

Ya, it's so easy wheelie a DRZ! Especially coming off a Bandit 600 Sportbike. I'm probably one of the world's most paranoid wheeliers (I don't want to chance flipping it) but it's still a blast! I geared the bike down for better offroading and I can just roll along at walking speed, twist the gas, and wheeeeelie. ๐Ÿ™‚

i have the's' and i put it in second (you should be able to use third doing 30mph i do when i have the offroad wheels on) doing 20mph then just crack the throttle open to about 3/4 and it comes straight up then at the sweet spot just keep blipping the throttle slightly to hold it there if my speed gets too high i just change up the box

Even with stock gearing my E was hard to keep the front end down. With when I heal up I'm 13/50 it's almost impossible to keep from doing wheelies. Getting good at climbing hills with just one wheel though. It's kind of fun really. George

:D๐Ÿ™‚:D

"Getting good at climbing hills with just one wheel though"

so am i :D :D :D. i love it when a bunch of trials riders say "you cant ride a bike like that on stuff like this". then you do it and all they can ask is "how much does it heigh". and "do you do this kind of stuff often".

:D๐Ÿ™‚ DRZs are great, you can ride so much difrent terrain with just a few changes and wheels/tires.

I have a stock S, and i can get it up off the gas in 2nd on motard wheels (15/41 gearing), and in 3rd on enduro wheels (15/47). Its all about positioning your body weight. Once you're up, you wanna be really smooth with the throttle, DO NOT blip, else you'll be on your *rse. Its about keeping your throttle hand still, and making only tiny adjustments, not blipping. We have a runway that i play on with mates, and i normally run out of tarmac. best thus far is 1/2 mile, doing 93mph when the front touched down in 5th on motard wheels. ๐Ÿ™‚:D :D

Vert Wheelie

Me (DR-Z400S), and Johnny Boy (XR400)

The wheeli is about commitment, throtle control, balance, and practice. And then more practice and practice. My stock S is a wheeli machine. Lifts 1st, 2nd, 3rd easily, Rides 1-5 no problem.

Keep practicing, take a few chances, and you'll be hangin' a nice wheeli before ya know it. ๐Ÿ™‚