Highest wattage headlight bulb possible for 525EXC

You can go up to an 85W but you may want to consider getting a glass lense so you don't melt through the plastic one. I am running a 65w/65w that I bought from Pepboys. It is a High Intensity White Discharge simular to the HID style of light but without the high cost. I paid $19.99 for mine and it made a huge difference. I can ride at night in the desert or on the street and see pretty clearly with no shadows. You will notice that the light is not full bright at idle like the stock 35w but as you twist the throttle it gets brighter, this is caused by the bulb needing more power than the stocker but is normal. I think Baja Designs sells all kinds of bulbs to meet your needs so check them out at bajadesigns.com

You may also want to change the way your headlight is wired from KTM. They have the low beam wired for the US models. A simple fix is to take the middle wire off and move it to the other side. There are three male ends sticking out of your light take the middle female and move it to the side not being used or for even brighter lighting add your own wire and hook up all three and you will have the high beam and low beam on at the same time.

As far as the output of the electrical system the manual says 12v / 150 watts. However the system is split into two sides - one side for charging the battery and the other for providing the power for lighting and signals etc... Do a search on this and you may get a more precise understanding of the electrical output. I hope this helps.

The extra plug under the tank puts out full voltage from tha battery. It is for the optional fan hookup. It is hot all the time so the lights would be on when the engine is off. I wonder if that wire is heavy enough to carry the lighting load. The Suzuki wires also are very thin but seemed to work OK for the lights. The Zuke had a larger battery.

I had in my old 125exc Philips premium +30% H4 bulb.

I'm not sure, but that is about 75w.

The only problem is when you operate the brakes at low rpm.

I connect a switch for the brake light. When i at the woods, i switch off the brake ligths. If i braking, the headlight still has enough power. :D

That is not good, when you can not see while you braking. 🙂