FMF Mega-Bomb Questions:

I've got an 06 WR450 and have performed all the free mods as well as JD jetting kit, POW NOW, POW NOW+ and accelerator pump cover. I'm thinking about adding an FMF mega-bomb header, but I'd like to keep the stock tailpipe. Has anyone added only the mega-bomb header with the stock tailpipe and did it work well? I rode a friends WR450 with one and it really seemed to improve the low-mid response, but he also has the Q4 tailpipe. I'd prefer to keep the stock tailpipe if possible... Thanks! :thumbsup:

-drtbkfan

the mega bomb will fit the stock can . but the stock can is the main thing choking out the power. you would be better off just replacing the slip on . I have a mega bomd and a speed pipe on my 07 . the can does more then the header.

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

I have a power bomb header and have used the stock rear section with it. Its seems a bit pointless to me though, the stock rear section kills the power.

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

I have the powerbomb also. I cannot tell the difference. But changing from the stock to the factory 4 pipe is a big difference, with or without the powerbomb header.

did you use a gasket? or was it just metal on metal?

gasket.

I use a q pipe so not much louder than stock but shitloads more power !!!!!!!! I used to run a factory four but it was too loud so got the q pipe for less noise and I think it still makes 99.9% of the power.